Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 208 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Most Uncomfortable
By Mark of MS

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I loved everything about this truck, except the seat gives the most uncomfortable ride of any vehicle I've ever owned or ridden in. I could never get comfortable in the driver's seat, not even on short trips. I couldn't stand to drive the truck anymore so traded it in. I did get an awesome trade on it (300 over Blue Book), so that's certainly a plus. I was very disappointed in the comfort level of this truck. It drives awesome, it's quiet, and I never had one problem with it. If only the seat was even somewhat comfortable I would have kept it for much, much longer.

Everything but the seat. This is a great truck, but Chevy, do something with the dang seats.

Find somebody to design seats that are actually comfortable, and I will certainly purchase another one. I'm staying away until then.

This truck never worked a day it's life!
By Former GM Fan

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several trucks-all of which have been GM products-and this one is horrible! The 'check 4X4' light is on regularly, even though this truck has not been in 4WD more than twice, and under no load. I had to have 3 injectors, a mass airflow sensor, the catalytic converter and all new plugs replaced at 41K-just outside of warranty. The wiper motor just went kaput at 52K, and the dealership service department has been less than sympathetic. This truck has been basic transportation and never towed/hauled anything! Never had to work a day in it's life! As a-soon-to- be former loyal GM fan, I'm going to trade it ASAP on a Toyota or Nissan.

The performance (when it's not in the shop) is OK. Interior is like a Caddy and the Bose stereo is why I've kept it so long.

Reliability...hear me, GM?? The quality of this 5.3 stinks. The 5.7 was far superior. My last truck had well over 100K and never had to go to the shop, never leaked, and didn't burn oil. For $40,000, I could have bought a Tundra AND a Corolla...

A loaded truck for once
By scott

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck replaced a '91 S10 2wd that was bought new and was faithful its whole life but the rust finally deemed the little truck a loss. This time 4wd and extended cab were musts and this truck was sitting there waiting for us with 27k on the clock and clean as can be. As you can imagine the difference between the 2 is huge and this brute makes you king of the road with the height, the 5.3 under the hood, and these leather seats that I'd never think would be in a Chevy pickup. This truck is wonderful and with a couple personal touches it will probably be in the family until it turns to dust.

Seats, height, sound system, engine power, 4wd, 16 inch wheels (tires are cheaper), cd changer in the dash

1-2 shift is horrible on light throttle. Chevy tried to make it soft and less undetectable, it will get a shift kit as soon as warranty is up. Would rather have a 4wd shifter than buttons, rear brakes have been done twice, pedal is a little soft, badly done rear disc system,improvements will be done

Love this truck
By Quadra Steer Chev

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We usually buy a new truck every two years. We have kept this truck because we both love it. It is so much fun to drive. My wife comes home from driving it and says I LOVE THIS TRUCK. The Quadra Steer is the best thing I've every bought. No problems with the truck.

Quarda Steer. Fantastic driving.

Leave it alone.

SS 4 Ya!
By saegc7

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Moving from an SUV to a man's vehicle was an easy choice, but finding out which one was the tough part. Nissan has reliability problems and Ford (fix or repair daily) was out of the question. The Toyota sat too high and wasn't wide enough. The Chevy had the power, looks, and "truckability" that I wanted. The power from the 6.0L HO V8 is phenomenal. Plenty in reserve when cruising @70 mph. The interior is great with everything ergonomically in place. The climate controls are easy to operate and keep the cabin confortable. The Bose sound system is awesome especially when coupled with the optional XM radio. AWD is a boon when in rain or snow. Get 'em while they last! You won't be disappointed!!

Aggressive styling, mean headlight looks, power, heated seats with lumbar and side support, 6 disc in-dash CD changer, XM radio, 20" wheels, unique exhaust note. The looks I get when I blast past those Dodge Hemi owners trying to figure out what just smoked them!

A chip to remove the top speed limiter and a sunroof would have been nice, but that is subjective. Chevy got it right with this one.