2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
I bought used and still love it.
By mathenas on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my z71 for only one month but from the first moment of driving it I realized this is the best riding and driving ever experienced.

my 2 cents
By Rodney b on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

MY 2003 IS A WONDERFUL TRUCK. I DRIVE IT DAILY TO WORK. THIS TRUCK HAS A LOT OF GREAT QUALITIES. WOULDNT TRADE FOR 2 FORDS...LOL

Nice Truck
By rhymas on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall a very nice truck. It does what I need it too, it is very comfortable and the ride is excellent. Even the fuel economy is good.

CHEVY SILVERADO Z71 LS
By J.Davis on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for a little over 10 months so far and I absolutely love it. I have 16000 miles on it and have had no problems whatsoever. I love the sharp new front end and rear tail light design! I like the Vortec 5.3 but it seems like it needs a little boost in horsepower, it doesn't seem like 285, i think it should be around 300 or so. Gass mileage isn't the best i get about 300-400 miles every time i fill up. Also, the interior electronics seem out of date and need updating, but those are minor improvements. So far, the best vehicle i have ever driven!

A Real Looker
By tommy3652003 on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a real head turner.This truck drives like a dream in any kind of weather. The power is excellent and the 20 inch wheels makes the statement this truck is special. Try it you will like it!

Great Performer
By Geroge47 on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

4.8 V-8 very smooth and strong. Red color very deep and luxurious. Hauling capacity excellent. Short bed ride a little choppy when bed empty. Handles superb in snow and ice with 4 WD engaged. Great vehicle!

Outstanding Truck
By sunman on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning both a Ford, and Dodge (the worst)truck. This Silverado is a pleasure to drive. My wife calls it the "Lexus with a bed." I had a problem early on with the 4WD warning message appearing. After GM said that they had no fix. They finally determined that it was a faulty Encoder Motor. They changed it and it's been fine since. That has been my only issue. It's been very reliable. I find the interior materials much improved over former GM products. I would certainly recommend this truck to anyone. It rides and handles great. Very comfortable. 5.3L Engine has plenty of power, and yet gas mileage at 16.5/19 on average. Great for a large truck.

10k mile update
By daltam69 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Like the power of the 4.8 but I probably should have gone with the 3.73 axle ratio instead of 3.42 for a little better acceleration/pulling power. Barely getting 15.5 to 16mpg in mostly city driving. Overall very happy with this truck so far...like the smooth strong power and roominess. Ride is a little spongy but comfortable and quiet...looking to upgrade suspension for appearance/performance.

Average Truck
By mtbau on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I find this truck to be average. It has the steering thump noise, found in chevy trucks since 1999 that chevy won't solve. Also had mildew smell in the air conditioner, the dealer installed a circuit board to correct this. Also the truck has the common transmisson shudder on acceleration.

SS Experience
By Face on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Xlnt features, I was impresed by the exterior styling. I thought that the extra body molding on the SS made the truck look leaps and bounds better than ther stock styling of the Silverado. In fact, I always thought GM was lacking in the styling of the "03 Silverado until I saw the SS. I am still trying to learn all of the electronic control features available re: personal, buisness and annual mileage, current mileage etc. Remote control and memory seats are an option that should be available in every vehicle. Six disc Bose CD in the dash is a great option.