2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
5th Chevy truck owned
By Kevin on 04/06/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This has been my 5th Chevy truck since 1990. I've had some good ones and some not so good ones. This one so far is good except for some squeaks from the extended doors and a clunking noise in the steering. The gas mileage from the 4.8l is good at around 20mpg. The power is there when you need it. Over all this has been a good truck so far. The service department just needs to get a few bugs worked out and I'll be very happy.

Poor quality
By rt on 03/01/05 23:45 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

In the first 22,000 miles I had to take this truck back to the dealer 9 times. I am constantly having problems with the windshield wipers, and various squeaks and rattles from the dash. Had to have the transmission reprogramed because it was clunking, the bed repainted because it was peeling, the steering shaft fixed becuase it was knocking, and many minor repairs, like the cigarette lighter not working. However, if the truck did not have these problems I would have been very satisfied with it. But based on the experience I have had I would not get another Chevy.

Quadrasteer
By roadflyt on 02/02/05 23:48 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best overall truck I have had in the last 40 yrs. Interior material is not as good as older Chevy trucks but design is good. Averages 16-18 mpg with good perfomance (5.3v8).

I saw a Dodge SRT10 in the Ditch!
By Stunts on 12/03/04 09:43 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I hope they continue to make it because I want a new one every 3 years. I chose the SS because of the All Wheel Drive and Extended Cab. Sure a Dodge SRT10 maybe faster at the top end but not off the line. My AWD hooks up and I'm out of there while the Dodge sits and spins. And lets see the Dodge forge snow and ice! Not gonna happen. And after I beat the snow storm and make it to town, I can throw plenty of food and beer behind the seats (Extended Cab!) and still get up to 60 mph in 6.3 seconds. The exhaust note is phenomenal. The transmission shifts as smooth as the one in my Mercedes E420. This truck rocks!

Should have bougt a Ford
By Back to Ford on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Owned it for a year and a half know and it has been in the shop 7 times. Latest left me stranded on the Interstate when the fuel pump went out. To date a/c has gone out twice (computer), rear brakes broke in the locked position(dealer said they were installed from the factory incorrectly), transmission has been reprogrammed twice for clunking (build quality), steering shaft has been replaced for knocking (build quality), and the latest fuel pump fiasco. (who knows why the fuel pump quit at 25K.

Love this truck
By mrjaod on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I boutght this used in July '04. I was amazed at the amount of space in the back when compared to the Ford F150 Ext. cab. I have the 4.8l V8 and I think it has plenty of power and about the same mileage as the V-6. I love the standard items that come with this truck (dual zone A/C, CD player, Keyless entry, etc.). It is a sharp looking truck and I plan on owning it for a long time to come. Good Job, Chevy!

2003 Silverado
By silverado on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a reliable fullsize pickup that would get good gas mileage. Turns out, I should have just gone for the V-8. Overall, this is a very nice pickup, and I have had no problems so far. But, for a V-6 2wd pickup, I was expecting better than 17 mpg. The truck is comfortable, and is large enough to use as a family vehicle. It has some really nice features for a base model, like the dual zone climate control, cruise, and CD player. Everything is well laid out and easy to use. The V- 6 has adequate power to get around, but is nothing to brag about. Overall, I would recommend this truck, but would suggest one of the bigger engines.

Hot 04 SS
By vburg on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun truck to drive

I really like this SS.
By mwr on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, I love my SS. Great looks, good power, awesome brakes, big wheels/tires, comfortable seating for 5, AWD, and TERRIFIC in bad weather. An excellent tow vehicle too. I occasionally tow my race car/trailer and almost forget they are back there. Fuel mileage started as low as 10mpg, but has improved to the 13.5-14mpg mark after about a year. Best I have done is about 16.5 highway. Love the XM radio and heated seats in the winter. I have fun driving this truck every day, except for paralell parking it at work. If I had to make a complaint, it's that this truck is really expensive to own: monthly payment + insurance + gas really ads up. Thank

2003 chevy ailverado quality review
By George Miller on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The truck is excellent!!...I just wish the manufacturer would have leather and on star as options for the LS model. The 5.3 V8 gets 14.9 City to 16.4 Highway. With gas as expensive as it now is, I would like to see better gas mileage. Handling and performance is great!...Ride i s a little too rough! Needs improvement. I removed the overload springs and added air bags. Still didn't help the ride!