2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
2003 Silverado
By silverado on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a reliable fullsize pickup that would get good gas mileage. Turns out, I should have just gone for the V-8. Overall, this is a very nice pickup, and I have had no problems so far. But, for a V-6 2wd pickup, I was expecting better than 17 mpg. The truck is comfortable, and is large enough to use as a family vehicle. It has some really nice features for a base model, like the dual zone climate control, cruise, and CD player. Everything is well laid out and easy to use. The V- 6 has adequate power to get around, but is nothing to brag about. Overall, I would recommend this truck, but would suggest one of the bigger engines.

2003 chevy ailverado quality review
By George Miller on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The truck is excellent!!...I just wish the manufacturer would have leather and on star as options for the LS model. The 5.3 V8 gets 14.9 City to 16.4 Highway. With gas as expensive as it now is, I would like to see better gas mileage. Handling and performance is great!...Ride i s a little too rough! Needs improvement. I removed the overload springs and added air bags. Still didn't help the ride!

2003 Chevy LT
By Oompa2002 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a really nice truck. Power from the 5.3 V8 is excellent as I don't find it difficult passing up slow cars. The interior is accomidating as are the steering wheel controls. Almost every button/switch lights up and headlamps provide great visability. Bose sound system is wonderful. Heated seats warm up quick and provide extra comfort during cold winter days. As for fuel comsuption, well it is a truck and it does comsume a lot of fuel. I average 14 mpg in the summer and about 17mpg in the winter. My biggest complaint thus far is build quality. There are quite a few rattles and squeeks, which are VERY annoying.

Clunks and Knocks
By ScrewGM on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The tranmission clunks and the engine knocks but hey GM says that's normal. I'm joining the class action lawsuit against GM for building these pieces of junk and then screwing their customers by telling us "it's normal" and refusing to remedy the problems. They must think we all are a bunch of morons. Cherolet: "Like a Knock" "See the USA in your Clukrolet".

Vrrrooooommm!!!
By jgar58 on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

great power, tranny sucks

Chevy Saddness
By Pmont on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

While vehicle was still in warranty I noticed that the vehicle was using oil when cranking. Dealer oil consumption tests showed the engine was using 1 to 2 quarts of oil for every 3 to 4k miles driven. Chevrolet said usage of up to 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles is within spec. They are essentially saying use of three to four quarts of oil between my normal changes is within spec. Chevrolet was not interested in any goodwill deal to repair the deficiency. After purchasing many GM vehicles over the years, I must say I am extremely dissappointed in Chevrolet's lack of customer service and desire to back up their products. That's my last Chevy.

Best GM since my first in 1964
By TexasCoins.com on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have had what appears to be the worst GM vehicles ever produced (excluding my Corvettes)since my fist new one in 1964. My first aggrivation was the always hesistating "73 LeMans (5.7L); Next came the "5.7L" Diesel nightmare; and the never ending problematic Safari Van. They finally got their act together with this 4.8L Silvarado Truck. I cannot give enough praise. Everything works, AND VERY WELL. Great performance ! Great economy ! Great looks ! Thanks GM. I nneded that.

MAC REVIEW
By macattack57 on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

One of the best riding trucks I have ever had when I can get it away from my wife who loves to drive it more than her SUV.

I bought used and still love it.
By mathenas on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have owned my z71 for only one month but from the first moment of driving it I realized this is the best riding and driving ever experienced.

my 2 cents
By Rodney b on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

MY 2003 IS A WONDERFUL TRUCK. I DRIVE IT DAILY TO WORK. THIS TRUCK HAS A LOT OF GREAT QUALITIES. WOULDNT TRADE FOR 2 FORDS...LOL