2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
My Favorite Ride
By R Reeves on 02/05/06 09:53 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my truck. It is comfortable to drive, easy to handle and I feel safe and secure at all times. Going from a small 4 dr sedan to a full size truck, gave me more visability on the road. I have had no mechanical problems. I just do the normal maintenance and she runs like a dream.

z chev
By tom on 11/28/05 15:17 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has 4 wheel drive and gets 18 mpg running around town. Much better than my 2000 Ford f150 two wheel drive which got 17 mpg. Have had no trouble and love the off road capabilitys. The Firestone tires are about to be replaced at 50000 miles, again much better then the Ford.

Nice truck!
By kory on 09/01/05 13:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has plenty of power for pulling my 18 ft alumacraft boat. I threw on a knn fipk cold air intake and that is saving me some money because it really helps with gas mileage

2003 Silverado L/S 4X4
By Mike on 08/27/05 01:21 AM (PDT)

So far I have no complaints. It is a very comfortable ride, I get 16-17 mpg city and 20 mpg highway with the 4.8 engine. I pull a 30ft camper with no problems at all. I think overall the Silverado is an excellent truck. My only complaint would be the cheap paint GM uses.

Bad Chevy
By Justy's on 07/23/05 22:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Sheet metal is very thin. Vehicle get dents from acorns falling onto hood and roof when parked under oak trees. (Had to cut down one of our trees to stop further damage) Installed a truck rack which extended over the cab, and this caused airflow problems resulting in the roof vibrating. Had to modify the rack to stop the vibration. Dealer has had vehicle in many times for repairs. The most serious being failed front hub at 37,000 miles and power steering pump replaced at 42,000 miles. Also, the windshield wipers would not turn off. If key is left in ignition in the off position and vehicle is reentered and started, the chime starts ringing and stays on. You must turn it off, remove the key, and then reinsert the key and start it again. I will never buy another Chevy truck. Going back to Ford.

5th Chevy truck owned
By Kevin on 04/06/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

This has been my 5th Chevy truck since 1990. I've had some good ones and some not so good ones. This one so far is good except for some squeaks from the extended doors and a clunking noise in the steering. The gas mileage from the 4.8l is good at around 20mpg. The power is there when you need it. Over all this has been a good truck so far. The service department just needs to get a few bugs worked out and I'll be very happy.

Poor quality
By rt on 03/01/05 23:45 PM (PST)

In the first 22,000 miles I had to take this truck back to the dealer 9 times. I am constantly having problems with the windshield wipers, and various squeaks and rattles from the dash. Had to have the transmission reprogramed because it was clunking, the bed repainted because it was peeling, the steering shaft fixed becuase it was knocking, and many minor repairs, like the cigarette lighter not working. However, if the truck did not have these problems I would have been very satisfied with it. But based on the experience I have had I would not get another Chevy.

Quadrasteer
By roadflyt on 02/02/05 23:48 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best overall truck I have had in the last 40 yrs. Interior material is not as good as older Chevy trucks but design is good. Averages 16-18 mpg with good perfomance (5.3v8).

Should have bougt a Ford
By Back to Ford on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Owned it for a year and a half know and it has been in the shop 7 times. Latest left me stranded on the Interstate when the fuel pump went out. To date a/c has gone out twice (computer), rear brakes broke in the locked position(dealer said they were installed from the factory incorrectly), transmission has been reprogrammed twice for clunking (build quality), steering shaft has been replaced for knocking (build quality), and the latest fuel pump fiasco. (who knows why the fuel pump quit at 25K.

Love this truck
By mrjaod on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I boutght this used in July '04. I was amazed at the amount of space in the back when compared to the Ford F150 Ext. cab. I have the 4.8l V8 and I think it has plenty of power and about the same mileage as the V-6. I love the standard items that come with this truck (dual zone A/C, CD player, Keyless entry, etc.). It is a sharp looking truck and I plan on owning it for a long time to come. Good Job, Chevy!