2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Quietest Truck Around
By Allie on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

First I must say if you are looking for a quiet truck, this is it. I have bought five brand new trucks and this is by far the most refined.

'03 1500 2Dr Stepside 4x4
By ZL-1 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am very happy with my purchase and I am glad I got the 5.3. The gas milage is about the same as the V6, however the power is above and beyond. The workmanship is outstanding for an assembly line vehicle. The gas milage and performance will improve with the addition of Gibson headers and a K&N Induction system.

My Dream Truck!
By dancer on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

MY BOYFRIEND BOUGHT ONE AND LOVED IT. I DROVE ONE AND LIKED IT TOO. AFTER READING YOUR CONSUMER RATINGS, I KNEW THIS WAS THE ONE I WANTED. IT DOES IT ALL SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE REST. COMFORT, LOOKS, AND GET-UP-AND-GO!! FEEL SORRY FOR THE 2 FELLAS THAT RATED IT AT 1.0 THEY DIDN'T HAVE A REASON AND PROBABLY WOULDN'T KNOW A GOOD TRUCK IF THEY GOT RUN INTO.

Great Potential
By Champ on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've actually driven two identical 2003Silverados & had same problem with both. While taking a 6 hour road trip the first truck died just 4 hours into the trip & 300+ miles on the odometer. Dealers were unable to find the problem so I was towed 4 different times w/in 10 days. Second vehicle didn't die but hesitated & I knew there was trouble. Few days later truck died turns out if you wait 15 min it starts up again before dying again 5 min later. I got towed once again but dealer appears to have found problem. Hoping that was the problem. Note:Dealer that fixed it wasnt same one that sold it.

Stevens Reveiw
By steven duke on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best truck i have ever purchased i would recommened this truck to other car buyers

Good Solid Truck
By BlueDevil05 on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The power in the new Silverado's is what made me pick it above the competition. The new look is great too. It rides quite comfortably and handles very well for a full-size pickup. With the biggest tires available stock from Chevy, the lowest point to the ground besides the tire is approximately 9.5 inches off the ground which is exceptional ground clearance for a stock truck. With what I do to pickups, i need the kind of off-road performance that the Z71 off-road package delivers. This is a good truck.