Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 208 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Good, reliable truck
By robis

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my truck for about 55,000 miles. I purchased it certified used about 3 yrs ago. I am about to turn 100,000 miles and the only problems I have had with it is a dead battery and a broken power window motor. The truck runs well and is ultra reliable. I wish the fuel economy was better (I think I get around 14 mpg). I feel like I will get another 100,000 miles out of it before it needs to be replaced. "American" car companies build trucks well...its what they do best in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Chevy or GM truck again, but I would aim for an extended cab for the extra room and convenience. Overall, I have been very happy with my purchase & recommend it.

fuel economy, prettier interior/better finish quality

2003 Silverado
By Chevy Owner

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck used with 83000 miles on it in May of 2008. Now has 100k and no major problems. The speedometer is a little flaky, it sometimes get stuck in one spot but will eventually correct itself- not a big problem but a minor annoyance, from what I hear this is fairly common for this model. 5.3L V8 is great, plenty of power and mpg's arent too bad for a truck, 16 hwy. Seats are very comfortable which is nice on long trips. I tow a 22' boat with ease, you can hardly feel it back there. Overall I am very satisfied with this truck and I plan on driving it until it wont drive anymore which will be a very long time. Great job Chevy

5.3L V8 Engine, comfortable seats, auto 4wd

Speedometer quality

#1Truck
By JAMES

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love every thing about this truck.

I like the body design.interior space is great.

cd player is no good

Not great, not bad
By jhunter

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for 6 years now - 122,000 miles. Not a horrible truck but had problems right from the beginning. Interior air flow "gate" made noises when set to 100% dash flow. Clunking noises developed in steering/front suspension when turning sharp corners. Then the instrument panel gages started failing (water temp and oil pressure). Had it checked out - it was the gauges. Now getting the "wipers won't turn off" problem that GM trucks have had since 1994. Poor elec design with no desire from GM to fix. Funny that GM issued a recall for the tailgate cable but won't fix or do a recall for problems that cost real money such as these. This is probably my LAST GM product.

Good mileage

Crappy interior. Poor reliability.

Great Value, Reliable Truck
By Carolinaguy

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck with 30K miles, and have driven it to 80K with not a single problem. I regularly get 20 MPG on mostly highway driving, and it is comfortable on longer trips. I've also owned a Ford F150 and Ford Ranger, and it's unreal how much more room this extended cab has in it. I can't imagine how much the double cab has. This has been a great ownership experience and I love this truck. I see many with 150-200K miles so I look forward to owning this one for a while.

Mileage for full size V8 is impressive, good ride, towing ability and engine feels strong.

Nothing, bang for the buck and that's what I was looking for.