2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Chevy Truck
By Chevy Owner on 05/17/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this truck. Purchased used with 83000 miles on it and so far no problems. 5.3L V8 engine runs real strong. The truck is well designed and very well built. I like the design of the interior a lot. Extended cab is very roomy and the cloth seats are very comfortable on short or long trips. I have the Z71 off road package, which really handles well off road. The automatic 4wd works well and there is a very smooth transfer from 2wd to 4wd. Gas mileage isn't great(14mpg) but hey its a truck. A friend of mine has a '98 Ford F150 with the 4.8L V8 and he only gets 12mpg. Chevrolet needs to keep building trucks like this because this is what a truck should be.

Great Truck!
By sixty8camaro on 05/12/08 21:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have over 110,000 miles on my p/u and have had only one part break ($25 U-joint + 1 hour of my time to replace). I'd say that's great reliability! Still runs close to as strong as when I bought it and can pull a loaded trailer (roughly 5,000 lbs) with no problems.

One Awesome Truck
By Dave Man on 03/18/08 22:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the best truck I have ever owned, my 4th of the GM full size family. It's a Z71 with 151,000 on it now and have no problems at all since I bought it in 05' with 70,000 on it been camping to remote destinations, driven on trails, and even hauled several pallets of sod in the bed. It's extremely comfortable and rides like a car. Have made many comfortable trips with the family in it and no complaints at all. Never broken down only have changed the battery once by choice with an Optima yellow top. Only cost is oil, wipers and 3 sets of tires. This truck it truly built like a rock and takes the abuse of 2 boys 3 dirt bikes and many off road outings to have fun.

My first truck
By My first truck on 03/09/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The inside of the extended cab really surprised me, I'm 6'2" and i fit nice in the backseat. Had hauled heavy, heavy stuff and it was like it loved working and this is only a V6. I used this also on vacations, 8 to 10 hour drives, with two kids in the back. It's a ready to use for all occasions.

Junk!
By bigkuz87 on 12/19/07 23:17 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a lot of GM products over the years, 6 Chevrolet pickups to be exact. An 81, 83, 84, 87, 95, and 98, all great trucks that took one heck of a beating from me. My seventh pickup, a 2003 Z71 is by far the cheapest made pickup I have ever seen. I can't even think about beating on it, for it wouldn't survive. I bought it with 40000 miles, it now has 66000. I've replaced both front wheel bearings, the brakes(rear twice), transmission, two alignments, instrument panel cluster, radio, tie rods, and now it has a growling sound that drives me crazy. This will be the last GM vehicle that I will ever buy!

POJ
By rod munch on 12/11/07 15:09 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Real bad build quality. The brakes are horrible - expect to replace all rotors and pads especially the back every 20,000 miles. Items replaced under warrenty: Steering column (twice); passenger window motor + track; heater element. Here is what went after warrenty: anti-lock brake sensor (40,000 miles) ~ $250; water pump (48,000 miles) ~ $450; the steering column that was replaced twice is cluncking again. Numerous other defects too small to mention. This truck is literally garbage.

What is this?
By Dbruce on 10/06/07 04:17 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am or was a loyal Chevrolet customer. Well i'm sad to say that this truck has changed my mind. I have had multiple problems with it. From tail light to water pump. The quality of my 91' was way better. The worst part of it was when the warrenty ran out ( it had 36200 miles and they wanted to charge me for fixing a problem the hadn't fixed in the past) Chevrolet decided not to stand by their product. Really disapointing, well Toyota here I come.

Great Choice in Trucks
By Truck Owner on 09/13/07 04:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a full size truck in 2WD that was good on gas and served me well everyday. This has been it. With over 120,000 miles it has given me zero trouble. Passengers comment frequently on it's roomy and comfortable interior - even in the back seat; probably the best bench in the industry. With an average of 18mpg, it's no eco-car, but compared to it's 4WD bretheren, it's awesome. That goes for 4WD mid-size trucks too (at 16mpg). Good looks, solid build, dependable - what more do you want?

2003 Silverado
By Tom s on 07/10/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

No maintenance issues. This truck is more comfortable to drive than any of my cars. I towed a trailer with a used car across country and got over 17 miles to the gallon. Most of that trip was on two lane roads and through towns.

Awesome SS
By MikeF on 04/27/07 10:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. It gives the feel and capability of a truck but the look of a high performance vehicle so head turning is always happening. It's a good professional looking business vehicle that you can throw your Harley in as well. Always getting compliments!