2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
wwbreview
By Wbell on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Silverado 1500 series. I purchased my first one in 1991, drove it for 10 years putting 126,000 miles on the vehicle. It was the best vehicle I've ever owned so I decided to purchase another, stepping up to 4wd. I've had it for 3 months, had no problems other than a squeak in the door. I'm extremely pleased with the ride and performance. This is a very good truck. Good job GM!!

Stevens Reveiw
By steven duke on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best truck i have ever purchased i would recommened this truck to other car buyers

This is bad all the way
By flyer on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Thought I would try G.M. one more time. What a mistake. I feel like a fool. Same junk they've always been known for. I'm stuck with this piece of crap for 4 years. Next time back to DODGE, THE RAM.

One tough (& impressive-looking) truck!
By EBL on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck gives one a sense of "full control" -- as to its' road handling abilities. It handles pot holes and bumps very effectively, resulting in a smooth ride. The 4.8 liter V8 provides more than enough power; in fact, I had to add sand bags for added weight in the bed to reduce spinning tires on takeoff. The engine is also ultra-quiet - even with the hood raised. The only concern so far: on occasion, under during certain low speed conditions, the drive train can be "jerky" on accelleration. Overall, the truck lives up to GMs reputation -- and, is truly built "Like a Rock."

Good Solid Truck
By BlueDevil05 on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The power in the new Silverado's is what made me pick it above the competition. The new look is great too. It rides quite comfortably and handles very well for a full-size pickup. With the biggest tires available stock from Chevy, the lowest point to the ground besides the tire is approximately 9.5 inches off the ground which is exceptional ground clearance for a stock truck. With what I do to pickups, i need the kind of off-road performance that the Z71 off-road package delivers. This is a good truck.

Very Happy w/ this vehicle
By Mr. Dan on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first domestic vehicle I have ever owned and I am quite pleased. Initially I wanted a Toyota Tundra (influenced by years of byass) but became very annoyed with the lack of selection and price, so I took a chance on GM. At this point I have 12,000 miles on the truck and have had absolutely no problems other than the door seal squeaking a litte bit, a quick shot of silicon lubricant has solved that problem. The Chevy/GMC does sit a little lower than all of the other brands but I guess that is why it handles so nicely and there is still plenty of clearance for reasonable off roading.

Chevrolet Rules
By miller on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Since I purchased my Silverado, I've put 12,000 miles....worry free..Not a single problem except people keep bugging me with questions , how I like it,,how does it drive,,and the number one comment is thats a Sharp truck..I drove ford's in the past but I will never go back..Chevrolet Rules..they have definitely done their homework