2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
'03 1500 2Dr Stepside 4x4
By ZL-1 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am very happy with my purchase and I am glad I got the 5.3. The gas milage is about the same as the V6, however the power is above and beyond. The workmanship is outstanding for an assembly line vehicle. The gas milage and performance will improve with the addition of Gibson headers and a K&N Induction system.

Silverado did it again!
By scar on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned all of the big three and drove all of them before I purchased my new 03 Silverado LT Z71 ExtCab. Nothing comes close to the performance, style, economy, safety for the dollar! I like a truck that is built like a truck and rides like a luxury car. Way to go Chevrolet!

They just keep getting better
By nychevy on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I spent some time looking at Dodge, Chevy, and Ford. Each truck had some good and bad features. The Chevy had the best interior of them all. The rear seat in the extended cab is also roomier than Ford or Dodge. The 5.3 engine stood out head and shoulders above Dodge and I felt it was quieter with a smoother transmission over the Ford. Handling is unbelievable.

Buy the LT Model
By Mike Griffin on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The heated leather seats, onstar system, pwoerful engine and tight handling are features that make this truck a better option than the F-150. (I owned 2001 Ford Supercrew before buying the Chevy. After the first year, I have had no problems with the Silverado and it handles better than any truck. The LT model is worth the extra money.

I'm in love...
By lrymal on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first full-sized pickup I have have purchased since 1994 and I must say---wow! Comfortable, quiet, good in-town performance. This is a good work-horse and a marvelous cruiser.

I Love my 2003 Chevy Truck
By Jim Helms on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I 2003 Chevy Siverado ST extended cab with the 5300 Vortec engine. I have taken it on one road trip (1900 miles round trip) and drive it to and from work 5 days a week. My normal road vehicle is my 2001 Caddy Saville STS But I must admit, this 2003 truck is almost as comfortable and has allmost all of the same whistles and bells.

1500 Z71
By DAVE on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GREAT TRUCK NEEDS SOME WORK ON THE FIRMNESS OF THE UPSHIFTS / TOW HAUL MODE IS TOUCHY WHEN SHIFTING.

Great Potential
By Champ on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've actually driven two identical 2003Silverados & had same problem with both. While taking a 6 hour road trip the first truck died just 4 hours into the trip & 300+ miles on the odometer. Dealers were unable to find the problem so I was towed 4 different times w/in 10 days. Second vehicle didn't die but hesitated & I knew there was trouble. Few days later truck died turns out if you wait 15 min it starts up again before dying again 5 min later. I got towed once again but dealer appears to have found problem. Hoping that was the problem. Note:Dealer that fixed it wasnt same one that sold it.

Like A Rock With Wheels
By Fromsoca on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

In less than 5 days of buying my Silverado my radio was replaced and the passenger airbag system is faulty. They've checked the sensors, recalibrated and even replaced the entire front seat, the airbag system is not perfected yet. My girlfriend weighs 120-130lbs. and the auto system light on the mirror turns on/off while we drive down the road. If you have kids or adults near this range I would be cautious!! Now a month later the radio is acting up again, the airbag system is still not fixed and the transmission is starting to be jerky. From one lemon into another, I'm getting my money back and going with Toyota.

Good but...
By markstev on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Started burning oil after 22K miles. Burns 1 qt every 2000 miles and GM refuses to fix. Gm claims it is within specs to burn over 1/2 crankcase capacity between changes. Engine has great power and truck has been reliable. Except for crappy oil burning engine it has been a good truck.