2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Grreat
By Lupe Vela on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Very good and reliable

TRANSMISSION TROUBLE
By TERRY on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH THIS TRUCK SINCE I PURCHASED IT FROM LINDSAY CHEVY,DUMFRIES VA. IT WAS IN THE SHOP FOR 25 OF THE FIRST 30 DAYS THAT I OWNED IT. TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, THEY COULD NOT FIND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG, SO THEY PUT IN A NEW TRANNY. BEEN BACK SEVERAL TIMES WITH IT. SAME PROBLEMS AGAIN. SO THEY HAVE IT NOW MAYBE A NEW TRANNY AGAIN. SO GOOD LUCK

Great Performer
By Geroge47 on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

4.8 V-8 very smooth and strong. Red color very deep and luxurious. Hauling capacity excellent. Short bed ride a little choppy when bed empty. Handles superb in snow and ice with 4 WD engaged. Great vehicle!

Awsome truck
By Chevy552 on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Its the best chevrolet truck i haved ever owned, and it has pretty good power with the 5.3, and rides better then my 1999 ford xlt 150 4x4

best truck in the world
By lovethistruck on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is our first truck. We shopped around for a year, and checked out every brand. We knew what we wanted, but no one seemed to have it on their lot. We ordered it and it was built just for my wife. We got the 4.8L V8, with manual transmission, and the 4x4 Z71 package. It is the truck of our dreams, and we've had no problems except the stereo overheating from time to time.

I would recommend this truck to anyone.
By StangGT on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2003 Chevy Silverado (2DR, SWB, 2WD, Auto) at the beginning of the new model year. While I was somewhat impressed by the new styiling, I had a few doubts. Over the past months I have grown to love the look (with the addition to a few after- market accessories). The truck rides like a car, on and off road, and has the feeling of a luxury vehicle. I've never experienced any problems and Chevy has made sure that I never will. After driving every other truck out there, I would highly recommend this particular one to anybody (let me add that I have only driven Ford until this point!). Keep it up Chevy.

Great Truck
By Dave Dico on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great ride. Quiet and comfortable. Well engineered interior, although kind of cheesy. No room behind seat and no right arm rest for driver. Handling is way above average. Turning radius isn't great, but very acceptable. Cannot exceed 98 mph because of a control module governor. Overall, excellent truck. Classy exterior design. Headlamps are awesome.

Its a winner
By weavercity on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

After shopping around and doing my homework I'm glad I got the Silverado. With the 4.3L and 5 speed I'm getting 20+ mpg and have plenty of power for light hauling. The ride is better than the others and it makes the Tundra look punny when you compare the box capacity. The design and engineering of this truck are outstanding.

#50 recons
By ownage on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The truck is great. It is rugged and powerful. It also rides very smooth and it is great.

Johnny
By Big John D on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Exelent truck, ive never driven anything better. I hope they keep making theese trucks, because I love them.