Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

BETTER THAN EXPECTED
By JJOYS1000

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

GOOD STRONG PERFORMER. GOOD RIDE QUALITY. LITTLE BIT OF HEAD SHAKE. THROTTLE TIP IN A LITTLE ABRUPT.GAS MILEAGE POOR 13MPG HIGHWAY. INTERIOR LOOKING VERY DATED. TOO MUCH PLASTIC.

SATTELITE RADIO AND ALL WHEEL DRIVE.

IMPROVED INTERIOR MATERIALS. SMOOTHER THROTTLE TIP IN. 5 SPEED AUTO TRANNY.

2003 Silverado Ext Cab 4.3L
By JBaxter

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

4000 miles and minor problems. Both rear windows and seals have been replaced due to poor design with wind noise. Vibration/buzz in the gas pedal is being worked. I know there is a TSB from GM on this. Fun truck that is smooth and plenty of power from the reliable 4.3L. Wife likes the room and the feel of a truck in the city.

Look, I like the straight look of tthe body compared to the Ford. Call me old fashion. Simple interior and smoth ride.

Replace some of the plastic in the interior with a softer material. Instead of coming up with hundreds of TSB's just fix em on the line.

Awsome truck
By Chevy552

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Its the best chevrolet truck i haved ever owned, and it has pretty good power with the 5.3, and rides better then my 1999 ford xlt 150 4x4

the feeling you get when you put your foot down, and the design

put the 6.0 in the 1500 series truck!!!

Top-notch
By cjsturk

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I needed the practicality of a truck. When I first drove it around the city everyone stopped to look. Now that I have started adding things to accent the already great looking exterior, my truck gets even more attention. On top of that it's a pleasant truck to drive. It handles great and has all the power I need.

My truck is also used by the family for road trips to so I have to say the roomy interior is a plus.

On cold days, I hear a lot of wind in the cabin. Most cars that I've had did not have this problem until they were much older.

Solid Truck
By bideshyi

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Rear seats are comforatable and please both the kids and parents. Access to rear seats with clamshell doors not a problem. Rear seating area has more functional room/features than did the 2001 Xterra that we previously owned. Z71 towing package provides enough axle and shock overhead so as to handle moderate tongue weights with no perceptible impact on suspension.

5.3 Liter V8 has plenty of power to pull moderate size trailers at highway speeds. Tow/Haul mode not even needed for trailer loads under 1,500 lbs. A/C rarely needs to go beyond 3 even in the South Texas heat.

With over half of the 5,000 miles from highway driving, am starting to feel what seems like loose tie rods and jittery steering wheel movement when going over normal road bumps at speeds under 40mph. Door hinges make popping noise. Intermittent cluncks during low gear range shifts.