2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Like a Rock
By C-Silver on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchase in January 2003 - 4dr Ext Cab 4wd LS - SB 5.3L. Overall I am enjoying my second Chevy truck. If you are thinking about purchasing this truck "PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF IT WILL FIT IN THE GARAGE". GM could make the best truck sold in the U.S. if it would improve the little things that annoy its customers. I

CHEVY TRUCKS ARE #1
By THEREV on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

IF YOU HAVE KIDS YOU NEED THIS TRUCK. THE OTHERS DON'T EVEN COMPAIR IN INTERIOR ROOM.(YOU KNOW YOU DON'T REALLY WANT THE FORD SUPERCREW).

5.3 liter z71
By new_chevy_owner on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving this truck. My only complaints so far would be the seats. Comfortable as they may be, I wish I would have opted for the adjustable seats. I feel like I'm riding low in the seat even though I think I'm average height (5'9"). Shifting is smooth with the automatic transmission, although the lever can get in the way of radio and temperature controls.

Real Truck
By f41driver on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is awesome! I didn't really like the new front-end at first, but on a Z71 with the black fender flares it looks good. It gets great mileage for what it is, I've got the 4.10 gears in it and I get 18mpg, 70% highway 30% city. The power is amazing! It tows like a freight train. The ride is good thanks to the electronically adjustable shocks, I'm glad I ordered them. I have Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs on it and this thing will go wherever I point it. Snow is a laughing matter, even for a snow novice like myself.

Six-peat
By Frank Simonelli on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our company's sixth Chevy Z71 Silverado Pick-up. Continuously a great truck: strong, reliable, roomy and beyond comfortable for every day. Whether on the construction site or out casual with the family... this truck is my favorite of the bunch.

Solid Truck
By jjjjj on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Much better than the Dodge products I have owned. Powertrain out performs Fords.

BEST 1/2 TON ON THE MARKET
By DAVE on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

MOST COMFORTABLE QUICKEST TRUCK ON THE MARKET

Still not the perfect truck ...
By Baybo on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GM still needs to work the interior better .. The floor mats that come with the truck look cheap and don't cover the space on the ground thus sand gets under the mat. The interior still has too many rattles. The interior is much improved but still see too much cheap parts. THe exterior bumpers are getting some rust spots in the inside on the bumper. The truck rolls at 5 MPH when you are not stepping on the gas.

best in the U.S.
By rwea1 on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is better than ford, know matter what. It has the most hp. In other words it is best!!!

Solid Truck
By JJJJJ on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)