2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
03 SS
By rmcswain on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The best all-round truck on the road. Great looks and styling, plenty of power and AWD to boot. More features than I have ever seen on a truck. Fit and finish is excellent. Low profile, 20 inch tires and wheels, monochromatic paint give this SS a mystique unmatched by most vehicles. Gas mileage is very good for this type truck.

4WD but only have 2WD
By Bill Heard on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Engineers still working on this one. At about 350 miles service 4wd light comes on although truck had never been placed in 4WD. Two trip to service dept service tech gives us GM document #1243149 dated 2/14/03, that says there is no permanent fix for this problem at this time, however if you don't use the 4WD you can just unhook it. Bought truck about one month after document. Assure me it will be fixed just don't know when. Very disappointed with lack of help from dealership and Chevrolet.

Silverado SS
By dcairns on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Rather pricey, but it has every gadget in the Chevy parts bin. The only thing missing is excess power I wanted. Sadly that is still Ford's domain. There is plenty of power, great cornering and AWD for sure traction. The ride is firm but smooth and generally comfortable. There is a harmonic bouncing on some concrete freeways. Cab noise is very low. The rear view mirror is a bit low for me, blocking forward view at the horizon line. The sun visor in the side position, blocks too much of my view left. The truck has a solid feel to it and I have found no flaws in the exterior metal work or paint. The styling is well suited for the SS and looks great.

Chevy Silverado 1500
By Chevy4me on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a former Nissan Frontier owner. I loved my old truck, but I needed more to tow and to stop my boat. During the buying process I driven Nissans, Toyota, Dodge, Ford, and Chevys Trucks. Though each was respectable the Chevy was best all around in the areas of usefullness, practical, economy and being fun to drive. My Silverado even gets better mpg than my Frontier.

Nice truck!
By Ptown1 on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I started to buy a Ford, but once I drove the Silverado I was sold. It has more than enough power from the 5.3 vortec. The Ford did'nt even compare, I could'nt believe the difference. Silverado has the best ride, and is the most plush of the big 3 trucks. Love the looks I get while driving it! It's a very nice looking and well built truck!!!

chevy rules
By JaredB on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Silverado SS is the best there is. The lightning might have more horespower, but you got to remember that it a ford. Ford engines don't put out a lot of horsepower, so you could have used that extra money spent on its wasted engine to mod out a Siverado. The stupid blue oval doesn't have any reliability. Not to mention that its design sucks. Anyone with common sense can see that.

Harmonic Exhaust Vibrantion
By doubleclutch2 on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

5000 miles of frustration trying to determine why the vehicle vibrates at 1250 rpms. People tell you the truck looks good but beauty is only skin deep and this flaw should have been determined before shipping. All this fine tuning for fuel mileage just seems to cause problems else where.

Best Truck on the Market
By walt77 on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had my truck for about four months, but I am positive I made the right choice. Being a former Ford owner, that isnt easy to say. The improvements over the fords are night and day. Ride is incredible, space is well beyond the f-150. Got the bucket seats--I would recomend this as well as the 5.3 if you are going to do any towing.

Don't Hate, Appreciate!
By CHINGON on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The 03 SS is a great over all TRUCK as far as working, towing, going out with the family or simply cruising. It also has a Six Disk C.D. Bose System, XM Radio, and On Star System. On safety the SS has AWD system and upgraded breaks, 20" Al. wheels, and a throghty sounding exhaust system. That you can't say about Ford, all you got is a two seater with an engine and the bed is just for looks because you can't load it. If you want competition I suggest you wait for the upcoming Regular Cab SS with an upgraded 6.0L V8 putting out about 495HP and over 500 torque. This power is being generated with out a super charger unlike the Lightning.

2003 Silverado, is the Truck to Buy
By ChevyDriver on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

5.3 V8 is a great engine. Powerful and quick, even for a truck. The ride is very smooth, not too much bounce. It's a great looking truck.