Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

2003 Silverado V6
By gggcag

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted an economical full-size extended cab pickup. This truck has the 4.3 liter V6 and delivers 20+ MPG and still has adequate performance. I have now owned it one year with no problems. It rides very well and is comfortable.

Favorite Features

Looks and fuel economy with the V6.

Suggested Improvements

Center front seat back should fold down so it could be used as an armrest.

2003 Silverado Ext Cab 4.3L
By JBaxter

4000 miles and minor problems. Both rear windows and seals have been replaced due to poor design with wind noise. Vibration/buzz in the gas pedal is being worked. I know there is a TSB from GM on this. Fun truck that is smooth and plenty of power from the reliable 4.3L. Wife likes the room and the feel of a truck in the city.

Favorite Features

Look, I like the straight look of tthe body compared to the Ford. Call me old fashion. Simple interior and smoth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Replace some of the plastic in the interior with a softer material. Instead of coming up with hundreds of TSB's just fix em on the line.

Top-notch
By cjsturk

I needed the practicality of a truck. When I first drove it around the city everyone stopped to look. Now that I have started adding things to accent the already great looking exterior, my truck gets even more attention. On top of that it's a pleasant truck to drive. It handles great and has all the power I need.

Favorite Features

My truck is also used by the family for road trips to so I have to say the roomy interior is a plus.

Suggested Improvements

On cold days, I hear a lot of wind in the cabin. Most cars that I've had did not have this problem until they were much older.

Solid Truck
By bideshyi

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Rear seats are comforatable and please both the kids and parents. Access to rear seats with clamshell doors not a problem. Rear seating area has more functional room/features than did the 2001 Xterra that we previously owned. Z71 towing package provides enough axle and shock overhead so as to handle moderate tongue weights with no perceptible impact on suspension.

Favorite Features

5.3 Liter V8 has plenty of power to pull moderate size trailers at highway speeds. Tow/Haul mode not even needed for trailer loads under 1,500 lbs. A/C rarely needs to go beyond 3 even in the South Texas heat.

Suggested Improvements

With over half of the 5,000 miles from highway driving, am starting to feel what seems like loose tie rods and jittery steering wheel movement when going over normal road bumps at speeds under 40mph. Door hinges make popping noise. Intermittent cluncks during low gear range shifts.

My 2003
By Stevens03

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Its a great versitle vehicle for all uses. It's roomy and the z71 offers plenty of power.

Favorite Features

The entire truck.

Suggested Improvements

offer the 6.0 liter in the standard 1500 series without having to purchase the full 4-doors