Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great ride
By H.S. 617

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I think the Chevy 4x4 Silverado 4dr. Z71 is great purchase for those individuals who plan on driving the vehicle how it was intended to be driven. The truck has an excellent ride and drive, and still maintains decent off road capabilities. The towing capabilities are plenty for most of the consumers in the market for this truck. The interior is comfortable and easy to keep clean. I have done some off roading and am satisfied with the truck performance. There are cheap and easy after market add ons to increase horsepower.

The comfort of the interior is a big plus.The 5.3 plenty of horses to keep most truck enthusiasts happy.The ease of the 4x4 is fantastic and has a much faster lock in than the old ones.The digital stereo and 6 disc changer add to the comfort.

The gas mileage with the 5.3 leaves alot to be desired.The truck needs improvement with the long turning radius.If you do much city driving look for a truck which can be parked easily and fits into most parking places,this truck does not.

03 4x4 4.8L
By BCKNBLK

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

When the 03's first came out I hated the new design but it grew on me. I added a billet aluminum grille and it looks like a whole new truck now. The power of just the 4.8L impressed me so much that I thought it was a 5.3L at first. I had two Dodge Rams previously and the vortech motor would just walk all over the 5.2L and 5.9L's I had in my Rams. Overall it's a AWESOME truck and Chevy got back my loyalty with this truck!

Vortec V8 power, dual zone climate control, auto 4wd feature, and the push button 4wd options

Sliding back window and larger standard tires on the 4x4 non Z71. The 245/75/16's look too small on the 4x4's. Make the 265/75/16's standard on all 4x4's.

REAR SEAT COVERS
By Steve Chermak

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Floor mats left on back seat during transit left imprints that after two months and three trips to dealer still show. Dealer will not replace yet and poor materials used on premium seat covers . Also problems with factory alarm system and interior lighting.Back window noise

bose radio ex sound

better materials interior and need to improve body mouldings and back windows need better latches not plastic

What a great truck!
By Mr. Chip

I traded in my Volvo XC 70 because I saw this truck at the dealership as I drove by every day for three weeks. I have not been disappointed. Plenty of power and compliments! Runs and looks great. Great build quality and very comfortable.

Comfortable interior and plenty of engine power. Good build quality.

Make a limited slip differential standard. Did not realize truck did not have it until it snowed. Truck is a 4x4 but I am forced to use it more than I would with a posi rearend.

2003 silverado
By peter janke

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

this is an out standing truck

the ride and the rds radio system

none