2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Real Truck
By f41driver on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is awesome! I didn't really like the new front-end at first, but on a Z71 with the black fender flares it looks good. It gets great mileage for what it is, I've got the 4.10 gears in it and I get 18mpg, 70% highway 30% city. The power is amazing! It tows like a freight train. The ride is good thanks to the electronically adjustable shocks, I'm glad I ordered them. I have Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs on it and this thing will go wherever I point it. Snow is a laughing matter, even for a snow novice like myself.

Six-peat
By Frank Simonelli on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our company's sixth Chevy Z71 Silverado Pick-up. Continuously a great truck: strong, reliable, roomy and beyond comfortable for every day. Whether on the construction site or out casual with the family... this truck is my favorite of the bunch.

best in the U.S.
By rwea1 on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This is better than ford, know matter what. It has the most hp. In other words it is best!!!

Still not the perfect truck ...
By Baybo on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

GM still needs to work the interior better .. The floor mats that come with the truck look cheap and don't cover the space on the ground thus sand gets under the mat. The interior still has too many rattles. The interior is much improved but still see too much cheap parts. THe exterior bumpers are getting some rust spots in the inside on the bumper. The truck rolls at 5 MPH when you are not stepping on the gas.

Solid Truck
By JJJJJ on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Much better than the Dodge products I have owned. Powertrain out performs Fords.

Solid Truck
By jjjjj on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

BEST 1/2 TON ON THE MARKET
By DAVE on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

MOST COMFORTABLE QUICKEST TRUCK ON THE MARKET

Like A Rock...
By ChevyTruckDriver on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

While I don't actually own one, the company I work for bought several last month, and I've driven every one of them. We have had no problems with this truck and I think it's tbe best thing on the road. We used to own a bunch of Dodge "Tranny dies at 40k" Rams, and they were the biggest pieces of junk on the road. Who wants to rebuild a tranny every 40k miles? I love all of the features on these Silverados and when I trade in my truck, I'll be buying an '03 Silverado!

Chevy Silverado 2003 Best Yet
By Haywood on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This is my second Silverado to own. They have made many improvements over the years. The 2003 are no exception. The Truck is very smooth ride even at high speeds. The 5.3L V8 has plenty of power to spare. The interior is very spacious and seats 5 very well.

CHEVY SILVERADO
By KJVB on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

FUN TO DRIVE, EASY TO HANDLE, WELL BUILT TRUCK