2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
So far, so good
By amram80 on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had the Silverado three weeks, but so far, it's been a great truck. I did alot of research into buying this truck, and feel the Chevrolet is the best balance of power, comfort, safety, and dependability. The gas milage is about 17mpg, which isn't too bad for a V8 extended cab pickup.

4WD but only have 2WD
By Bill Heard on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Engineers still working on this one. At about 350 miles service 4wd light comes on although truck had never been placed in 4WD. Two trip to service dept service tech gives us GM document #1243149 dated 2/14/03, that says there is no permanent fix for this problem at this time, however if you don't use the 4WD you can just unhook it. Bought truck about one month after document. Assure me it will be fixed just don't know when. Very disappointed with lack of help from dealership and Chevrolet.

Chevy Silverado 1500
By Chevy4me on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a former Nissan Frontier owner. I loved my old truck, but I needed more to tow and to stop my boat. During the buying process I driven Nissans, Toyota, Dodge, Ford, and Chevys Trucks. Though each was respectable the Chevy was best all around in the areas of usefullness, practical, economy and being fun to drive. My Silverado even gets better mpg than my Frontier.

Nice truck!
By Ptown1 on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I started to buy a Ford, but once I drove the Silverado I was sold. It has more than enough power from the 5.3 vortec. The Ford did'nt even compare, I could'nt believe the difference. Silverado has the best ride, and is the most plush of the big 3 trucks. Love the looks I get while driving it! It's a very nice looking and well built truck!!!

Harmonic Exhaust Vibrantion
By doubleclutch2 on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

5000 miles of frustration trying to determine why the vehicle vibrates at 1250 rpms. People tell you the truck looks good but beauty is only skin deep and this flaw should have been determined before shipping. All this fine tuning for fuel mileage just seems to cause problems else where.

Best Truck on the Market
By walt77 on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I have only had my truck for about four months, but I am positive I made the right choice. Being a former Ford owner, that isnt easy to say. The improvements over the fords are night and day. Ride is incredible, space is well beyond the f-150. Got the bucket seats--I would recomend this as well as the 5.3 if you are going to do any towing.

2003 Silverado, is the Truck to Buy
By ChevyDriver on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

5.3 V8 is a great engine. Powerful and quick, even for a truck. The ride is very smooth, not too much bounce. It's a great looking truck.

Like a Rock
By C-Silver on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Purchase in January 2003 - 4dr Ext Cab 4wd LS - SB 5.3L. Overall I am enjoying my second Chevy truck. If you are thinking about purchasing this truck "PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF IT WILL FIT IN THE GARAGE". GM could make the best truck sold in the U.S. if it would improve the little things that annoy its customers. I

CHEVY TRUCKS ARE #1
By THEREV on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

IF YOU HAVE KIDS YOU NEED THIS TRUCK. THE OTHERS DON'T EVEN COMPAIR IN INTERIOR ROOM.(YOU KNOW YOU DON'T REALLY WANT THE FORD SUPERCREW).

5.3 liter z71
By new_chevy_owner on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I enjoy driving this truck. My only complaints so far would be the seats. Comfortable as they may be, I wish I would have opted for the adjustable seats. I feel like I'm riding low in the seat even though I think I'm average height (5'9"). Shifting is smooth with the automatic transmission, although the lever can get in the way of radio and temperature controls.