2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Robbie
By Allie on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I originally bought a 2wd with the V6 and then traded it in for a 4x4 4dr ext cab 5.3 It has an endless supply of power and feels more like a hotrod than a truck. It is the quietest of the the big three that I tested. I bought from Rob Milliken at Courtesy Chevrolet in Poulsbo, Washington. If your looking for star treatment and rock bottom prices, this is where you need to go.

Hit or Miss
By pitbullmutt on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have bought a few chevy trucks before and this one is much like the rest. I drive my boss' ford truck quite a bit and the chevy is much better in terms of comfort and ride.

Silverado 2003
By Heath Borden on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very comfortable ride due to 6-way power seats and roomy interior. The instrument panel is easy to read with extras such as an hour meter for the engine. The engine seems to be easy to maintain with the 100,000 mile scheduled spark plug change. A very nice experience so far....

2003 1500
By J Presley on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Stylish and powerful truck that has a solid feel going down the road. All of the changes for 2003 only made a good truck better. Good enough to finally make me switch from Ford to Chevy. I keep hearing of the cheap feel of the interior but sitting in the Ford I see just as much p-lastic and a lot less style.

Silverodoes are the best
By Bo Hoelscher on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the best I have ever drivin or bought. The chevy trucks are the most reliable over dodge, ford, or any other brand. Chevy is number one.

1ST CHEVY PURCHASE SINCE 1978
By JOE E on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Since 1983I have purchased imports primarily and been VERY happy w/them. Then in 93" made the huge mistake of buying a Ford, or should I say S**T. Purchased my 03" Chevy last fall; overall EXTREMELY pleased. I live very close to my work, and we use the wife's auto mostly so I don't have many mileson it, but overall truck is great. Only problems have been the radio; total crap! and one-time prob with guages going dead.

Awesome truck
By Offrdr75 on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Overall this is a greta vehicle that rides and drives great.

I RECOMMEND BUYING A TOYOTA
By DENNIS 75 on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

All was well with the truck except for the windows, the driver seat,the speakers,the console,andpaint peeling off the ashtray. I didn't have any other problems with it until I decided to do the smart care engine and transmission flush. Since then the truck leaks engine and transmission oil at about a quart a day...,DON'T GET IT...,I AM STILL HAVING TO BRING MY TRUCK BACK TO TRY TO GET IT RESOLVED...,IT'S BEEN VERY FUSTRATING AND TIME CONSUMING...,THIS IS DEFINITELY THE LAST TIME I BUY AMERICAN THANKS TO THE RUDENESS AND POOR ATTITUDE OF TWO DEALER-SHIPS AND THEIR POOR RELATION ETHICS

Love This Truck
By daltam69 on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I opted for the 4.8L V8 - wanted the 5.3 but cost $1400 more. Very happy with the smoothness and delivery of the 275 HP from this motor - has more than enough oomph! for what I use it for (hauling people/stuff to and from games/home depot, occasional towing) and I'm getting better gas mileage than my 3.0L V6 '95 4Runner got. Excellent comfort/room for six. All smiles, no complaints yet.

Solid Truck
By JEByrd on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have alway been a Ford person, but my purchase this last week of a Silverado LS/4.8 V8 was more because of the finance manager from the Ford dealership than my love for the Chevrolet truck. BUT...this is a nice overall truck. I like the standard features and the V8 is crisp. Overall quality seems respectable - and it is very roomy inside, which helps with 2 kids in car seats.