Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Chevy Saddness
By Pmont

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

While vehicle was still in warranty I noticed that the vehicle was using oil when cranking. Dealer oil consumption tests showed the engine was using 1 to 2 quarts of oil for every 3 to 4k miles driven. Chevrolet said usage of up to 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles is within spec. They are essentially saying use of three to four quarts of oil between my normal changes is within spec. Chevrolet was not interested in any goodwill deal to repair the deficiency. After purchasing many GM vehicles over the years, I must say I am extremely dissappointed in Chevrolet's lack of customer service and desire to back up their products. That's my last Chevy.

Favorite Features

Good handling in wet conditions. Good performance from 4.8 L v-8. Handles payload well. Interior dash/panel well arranged.

Suggested Improvements

Realistic oil consumption specs. Stand by product by working with consumer to provide necessary repairs. Also, non leather seats should be elevated so driver sits higher.

Best GM since my first in 1964
By TexasCoins.com

I have had what appears to be the worst GM vehicles ever produced (excluding my Corvettes)since my fist new one in 1964. My first aggrivation was the always hesistating "73 LeMans (5.7L); Next came the "5.7L" Diesel nightmare; and the never ending problematic Safari Van. They finally got their act together with this 4.8L Silvarado Truck. I cannot give enough praise. Everything works, AND VERY WELL. Great performance ! Great economy ! Great looks ! Thanks GM. I nneded that.

Favorite Features

Exceptional performance, greast fuel economy, superior "Factory" sound system.

Suggested Improvements

DO NOT CHANGE IT. Do Not Ruin a Good Thing.

MAC REVIEW
By macattack57

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

One of the best riding trucks I have ever had when I can get it away from my wife who loves to drive it more than her SUV.

Favorite Features

The ride

Suggested Improvements

add center cup holers for the rear seating area. increase fuel economy

I bought used and still love it.
By mathenas

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my z71 for only one month but from the first moment of driving it I realized this is the best riding and driving ever experienced.

Favorite Features

Bose sound, power, head and fog lights are halogen, comfort, and room for my large dogs (pets) in the floor of ext cab.

Suggested Improvements

gas milage, removable back seat, step rails should be standard on a truck this tall.

my 2 cents
By Rodney b

MY 2003 IS A WONDERFUL TRUCK. I DRIVE IT DAILY TO WORK. THIS TRUCK HAS A LOT OF GREAT QUALITIES. WOULDNT TRADE FOR 2 FORDS...LOL

Favorite Features

TOUCH BUT-TON 4X4,, GREAR RATIO HAS GOT IT GO IN ON,,SAFY FEATURES ,, BREAKING ABILTY I LOVE IT,,

Suggested Improvements

WE NEED JUST A LITTLE TIGHTER RACKON PINION I CAN FEEL IT WHEN I START INTO THE CURVES,,MORE LUMBAR SUPPORT FOR US SLIM MEN,,MORE WHEEL AND TIRE OPTIONS..