Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Base Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Ol' Reliable
By Bud Utecht

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

As a contractor, we work this truck hard, tow with it, haul with it, and it has never let us down. Comfortable, good ride, nice features. As with all GM trucks of this era the speedometer leaves a lot to be desired. We do have 170,000 miles on this truck. Still rock solid.

Comfortable ride, reliable truck, best truck we've ever owned, I would buy another in a heartbeat, does everything we need it to and more.

Speedometer cable (big pain), had to replace both automatic window motors (not complaining too much due to the high mileage).

One Awesome Truck
By Dave Man

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the best truck I have ever owned, my 4th of the GM full size family. It's a Z71 with 151,000 on it now and have no problems at all since I bought it in 05' with 70,000 on it been camping to remote destinations, driven on trails, and even hauled several pallets of sod in the bed. It's extremely comfortable and rides like a car. Have made many comfortable trips with the family in it and no complaints at all. Never broken down only have changed the battery once by choice with an Optima yellow top. Only cost is oil, wipers and 3 sets of tires. This truck it truly built like a rock and takes the abuse of 2 boys 3 dirt bikes and many off road outings to have fun.

I love that all I have to do is wash, wax, change oil, and throw some new shoes on it to have a lot of fun.

The only thing I would improve is making driver seat power recline and passenger seat full power standard. I might also redesign the front fender wells to make the back 2 spark plugs more easy to change. But that might make a great truck something less in other areas.

Love this truck
By Quadra Steer Chev

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We usually buy a new truck every two years. We have kept this truck because we both love it. It is so much fun to drive. My wife comes home from driving it and says I LOVE THIS TRUCK. The Quadra Steer is the best thing I've every bought. No problems with the truck.

Quarda Steer. Fantastic driving.

Leave it alone.

z chev
By tom

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has 4 wheel drive and gets 18 mpg running around town. Much better than my 2000 Ford f150 two wheel drive which got 17 mpg. Have had no trouble and love the off road capabilitys. The Firestone tires are about to be replaced at 50000 miles, again much better then the Ford.

Audio system and the quiet ride

Whenever possible , better gas mileage

MAC REVIEW
By macattack57

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

One of the best riding trucks I have
ever had when I can get it away from my
wife who loves to drive it more than her
SUV.

The ride

add center cup holers for the rear seating area. increase fuel economy