2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Ol' Reliable
By Bud Utecht on 04/13/10 17:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

As a contractor, we work this truck hard, tow with it, haul with it, and it has never let us down. Comfortable, good ride, nice features. As with all GM trucks of this era the speedometer leaves a lot to be desired. We do have 170,000 miles on this truck. Still rock solid.

One Awesome Truck
By Dave Man on 03/18/08 22:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the best truck I have ever owned, my 4th of the GM full size family. It's a Z71 with 151,000 on it now and have no problems at all since I bought it in 05' with 70,000 on it been camping to remote destinations, driven on trails, and even hauled several pallets of sod in the bed. It's extremely comfortable and rides like a car. Have made many comfortable trips with the family in it and no complaints at all. Never broken down only have changed the battery once by choice with an Optima yellow top. Only cost is oil, wipers and 3 sets of tires. This truck it truly built like a rock and takes the abuse of 2 boys 3 dirt bikes and many off road outings to have fun.

Love this truck
By Quadra Steer Chev on 03/02/06 09:45 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We usually buy a new truck every two years. We have kept this truck because we both love it. It is so much fun to drive. My wife comes home from driving it and says I LOVE THIS TRUCK. The Quadra Steer is the best thing I've every bought. No problems with the truck.

z chev
By tom on 11/28/05 15:17 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has 4 wheel drive and gets 18 mpg running around town. Much better than my 2000 Ford f150 two wheel drive which got 17 mpg. Have had no trouble and love the off road capabilitys. The Firestone tires are about to be replaced at 50000 miles, again much better then the Ford.

MAC REVIEW
By macattack57 on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

One of the best riding trucks I have ever had when I can get it away from my wife who loves to drive it more than her SUV.

1/2 Baked Truck
By Unsatisfied Owner on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had the truck for 1 month & since day 1 there has been a loud noice caused by the vacuum assist pump. Evey guest rider asks "What the heck is that?" Even the dealer says its annoying, but there isn't anything they can do. This is my 1st Chevy in 21 years & it appears that their products are still 1/2 baked.

Quality Issues Already
By Unhappy Owner on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased an '03 Silverado 3 days ago & already its at the shop. A vacuum assist pump is continually running making a very load noise from behind the dash. The dealer says they can't do anything & that this noise annoys their mechanics also. Numerous mechanics have complained about this noise, but Chevy corporate has done nothing. Good old American engineering! It’s been 21 years since my last Chevy & the experience is starting out like the last one (bad!). Also, had a paint problem upon delivery. If Chevy keeps this up there will be many unemployed Chevy workers looking for jobs at 711.

yep
By cplsaccoccio on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

very strong, comfortable truck, only complaint inside door handles in odd spot

Unreliable
By Fed up on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Constant engine, transmission problems. Also alot of exhaust noise.

Best Little Pick Up For Your Money
By dalefan on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Aside from being appealing to the eye, the Silverado rides like a luxury car. The interior is luxurious comfort and all controls are within easy reach. The stability is unsurpassed for a truck in this catagory. The engine is powerful, smooth and quiet running. Using the 4 wheel drive is simple and smooth. I've been off road in mine and it goes through anything, mud, gravel,standing water. All in all I highly recommend this vehicle. It will turn everybodys head and keep you on the road every day.