Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Good, reliable truck
By robis

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my truck for about 55,000 miles. I purchased it certified used about 3 yrs ago. I am about to turn 100,000 miles and the only problems I have had with it is a dead battery and a broken power window motor. The truck runs well and is ultra reliable. I wish the fuel economy was better (I think I get around 14 mpg). I feel like I will get another 100,000 miles out of it before it needs to be replaced. "American" car companies build trucks well...its what they do best in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Chevy or GM truck again, but I would aim for an extended cab for the extra room and convenience. Overall, I have been very happy with my purchase & recommend it.

Suggested Improvements

fuel economy, prettier interior/better finish quality

Most Uncomfortable
By Mark of MS

I loved everything about this truck, except the seat gives the most uncomfortable ride of any vehicle I've ever owned or ridden in. I could never get comfortable in the driver's seat, not even on short trips. I couldn't stand to drive the truck anymore so traded it in. I did get an awesome trade on it (300 over Blue Book), so that's certainly a plus. I was very disappointed in the comfort level of this truck. It drives awesome, it's quiet, and I never had one problem with it. If only the seat was even somewhat comfortable I would have kept it for much, much longer.

Favorite Features

Everything but the seat. This is a great truck, but Chevy, do something with the dang seats.

Suggested Improvements

Find somebody to design seats that are actually comfortable, and I will certainly purchase another one. I'm staying away until then.

Grreat
By Lupe Vela

Very good and reliable

TRANSMISSION TROUBLE
By TERRY

I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH THIS TRUCK SINCE I PURCHASED IT FROM LINDSAY CHEVY,DUMFRIES VA. IT WAS IN THE SHOP FOR 25 OF THE FIRST 30 DAYS THAT I OWNED IT. TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, THEY COULD NOT FIND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG, SO THEY PUT IN A NEW TRANNY. BEEN BACK SEVERAL TIMES WITH IT. SAME PROBLEMS AGAIN. SO THEY HAVE IT NOW MAYBE A NEW TRANNY AGAIN. SO GOOD LUCK

Suggested Improvements

DO SOMETHING WITH THE TRANSMISSION