Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

#1Truck
By JAMES

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love every thing about this truck.

Favorite Features

I like the body design.interior space is great.

Suggested Improvements

cd player is no good

Very happy with '03 Silverado
By RHBinDFW

I've had only one minor problem with my truck, more of a nuisance actually. The steering shaft's tenon-and-spline compression joint requires additional grease packing to minimize some minor knocking noises on bumpy roads. Overall, a solid, reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable cab, great ride for a truck.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the headrest came up more. I'm a tall driver.

My Favorite Ride
By R Reeves

I love my truck. It is comfortable to drive, easy to handle and I feel safe and secure at all times. Going from a small 4 dr sedan to a full size truck, gave me more visability on the road. I have had no mechanical problems. I just do the normal maintenance and she runs like a dream.

Favorite Features

Comfort of interior, seats especially

Suggested Improvements

Postition of the rear view mirror blocks vision when driving. CD player heats up CD's while playing.

5th Chevy truck owned
By Kevin

This has been my 5th Chevy truck since 1990. I've had some good ones and some not so good ones. This one so far is good except for some squeaks from the extended doors and a clunking noise in the steering. The gas mileage from the 4.8l is good at around 20mpg. The power is there when you need it. Over all this has been a good truck so far. The service department just needs to get a few bugs worked out and I'll be very happy.

Favorite Features

Power, smooth tranny, good ride

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the squeaks in the extended cab doors, firmer seats

Love this truck
By mrjaod

I boutght this used in July '04. I was amazed at the amount of space in the back when compared to the Ford F150 Ext. cab. I have the 4.8l V8 and I think it has plenty of power and about the same mileage as the V-6. I love the standard items that come with this truck (dual zone A/C, CD player, Keyless entry, etc.). It is a sharp looking truck and I plan on owning it for a long time to come. Good Job, Chevy!

Favorite Features

The standard items which include dual zone A/C, CD player, Keyless entry, P/W, P/DL, Cruise. Plenty of room in the back seat for the kids and even a smaller aduelt. Seats are comfortable. Engine has plenty of power (for me, that is).

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage is not the greatest. Not as good as advertised, that's for sure. I get around 16 around town. Some of the interior is a bit on the cheap plastic side. I would have thought that a $29,000 truck would have more quality put into the interior panels.