Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Love my truck!
By Michael

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got a great deal on this 2003 LT 1500 Silverado, Took it on its first day trip and all I can say is I love my truck. I averaged 19 mpg on the highway, with the A/C running the whole time. This truck has the smoothest ride I have ever experienced in a full size truck, and its a Z71 4x4. I looked at a lot of trucks before I made the decision to by this beauty, and all I can say is that I feel I made the best choice. If I had to make another choice Dodge was a close 2nd and Ford trucks didn't even come close especially when it comes to fit, finish, comfort and ride quality. So if your thinking of buying a used Chevy 1500, look for an LT and you won't be sorry.

Leather interior, memory seats, Cold a/c, over all visibility, extremely plush seats and ride

NONE

Great Choice in Trucks
By Truck Owner

I wanted a full size truck in 2WD that was good on gas and served me well everyday. This has been it. With over 120,000 miles it has given me zero trouble. Passengers comment frequently on it's roomy and comfortable interior - even in the back seat; probably the best bench in the industry. With an average of 18mpg, it's no eco-car, but compared to it's 4WD bretheren, it's awesome. That goes for 4WD mid-size trucks too (at 16mpg). Good looks, solid build, dependable - what more do you want?

Smooth ride and roomy interior. The folding rear bench allows for huge interior storage space if required. Decent gas mileage for a full size truck.

This truck never worked a day it's life!
By Former GM Fan

I have owned several trucks-all of which have been GM products-and this one is horrible! The 'check 4X4' light is on regularly, even though this truck has not been in 4WD more than twice, and under no load. I had to have 3 injectors, a mass airflow sensor, the catalytic converter and all new plugs replaced at 41K-just outside of warranty. The wiper motor just went kaput at 52K, and the dealership service department has been less than sympathetic. This truck has been basic transportation and never towed/hauled anything! Never had to work a day in it's life! As a-soon-to- be former loyal GM fan, I'm going to trade it ASAP on a Toyota or Nissan.

The performance (when it's not in the shop) is OK. Interior is like a Caddy and the Bose stereo is why I've kept it so long.

Reliability...hear me, GM?? The quality of this 5.3 stinks. The 5.7 was far superior. My last truck had well over 100K and never had to go to the shop, never leaked, and didn't burn oil. For $40,000, I could have bought a Tundra AND a Corolla...

2003 Chevy LT
By Oompa2002

This is a really nice truck. Power
from the 5.3 V8 is excellent as I
don't find it difficult passing up
slow cars. The interior is
accomidating as are the steering wheel
controls. Almost every button/switch
lights up and headlamps provide great
visability. Bose sound system is
wonderful. Heated seats warm up quick
and provide extra comfort during cold
winter days. As for fuel comsuption,
well it is a truck and it does comsume
a lot of fuel. I average 14 mpg in
the summer and about 17mpg in the
winter. My biggest complaint thus far
is build quality. There are quite a
few rattles and squeeks, which are
VERY annoying.

Power of V8, Bose six disc sound system, XM radio, heated and memmory captin chairs, lighted steering wheel controls, climate control, leather interior, auto headlamps, turn signal and auto down side mirrors, and smooth ride.

Improve build quality, no rattles or squeeks! Improve gas mileage,or at least be honest about posted MPG figures on window sticker. Improve brakes. The climate control should start in recirculation mode during startup. Rear view mirror needs to dim darker.

Good so far!
By Bradley Edward

I really like this truck so far. At
6000 mi, everything seems okay.
Hopefully the piston slap problem won't
come up during winter.

Comfortable seats. Ford is nowhere close.

Anti-lock brakes will falsely activate while stopping on bumpy road.