2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Love my truck!
By Michael on 06/13/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got a great deal on this 2003 LT 1500 Silverado, Took it on its first day trip and all I can say is I love my truck. I averaged 19 mpg on the highway, with the A/C running the whole time. This truck has the smoothest ride I have ever experienced in a full size truck, and its a Z71 4x4. I looked at a lot of trucks before I made the decision to by this beauty, and all I can say is that I feel I made the best choice. If I had to make another choice Dodge was a close 2nd and Ford trucks didn't even come close especially when it comes to fit, finish, comfort and ride quality. So if your thinking of buying a used Chevy 1500, look for an LT and you won't be sorry.

Great Choice in Trucks
By Truck Owner on 09/13/07 04:38 AM (PDT)

I wanted a full size truck in 2WD that was good on gas and served me well everyday. This has been it. With over 120,000 miles it has given me zero trouble. Passengers comment frequently on it's roomy and comfortable interior - even in the back seat; probably the best bench in the industry. With an average of 18mpg, it's no eco-car, but compared to it's 4WD bretheren, it's awesome. That goes for 4WD mid-size trucks too (at 16mpg). Good looks, solid build, dependable - what more do you want?

This truck never worked a day it's life!
By Former GM Fan on 07/06/06 04:19 AM (PDT)

I have owned several trucks-all of which have been GM products-and this one is horrible! The 'check 4X4' light is on regularly, even though this truck has not been in 4WD more than twice, and under no load. I had to have 3 injectors, a mass airflow sensor, the catalytic converter and all new plugs replaced at 41K-just outside of warranty. The wiper motor just went kaput at 52K, and the dealership service department has been less than sympathetic. This truck has been basic transportation and never towed/hauled anything! Never had to work a day in it's life! As a-soon-to- be former loyal GM fan, I'm going to trade it ASAP on a Toyota or Nissan.

2003 Chevy LT
By Oompa2002 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is a really nice truck. Power from the 5.3 V8 is excellent as I don't find it difficult passing up slow cars. The interior is accomidating as are the steering wheel controls. Almost every button/switch lights up and headlamps provide great visability. Bose sound system is wonderful. Heated seats warm up quick and provide extra comfort during cold winter days. As for fuel comsuption, well it is a truck and it does comsume a lot of fuel. I average 14 mpg in the summer and about 17mpg in the winter. My biggest complaint thus far is build quality. There are quite a few rattles and squeeks, which are VERY annoying.

Good so far!
By Bradley Edward on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I really like this truck so far. At 6000 mi, everything seems okay. Hopefully the piston slap problem won't come up during winter.

Just a really nice Chevy truck!
By JohnnyAndKim on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is a really nice truck! It has a nice style, inside and out. The interior is not cheap like some reviews that I have read. The truck is very comfortable to drive. It took me alittle while to get used to the extra length especially when parking due to the extended cab but the payoff is all the extra room. The backseat also has more room than other trucks than I have seen. There is plenty of power with the 5.3 V8 and the ride is smooth. The fuel economy is better than I expected with a big truck with a V8.

Silverado 2003
By Heath Borden on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Very comfortable ride due to 6-way power seats and roomy interior. The instrument panel is easy to read with extras such as an hour meter for the engine. The engine seems to be easy to maintain with the 100,000 mile scheduled spark plug change. A very nice experience so far....

CHEVY TRUCKS ARE #1
By THEREV on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

IF YOU HAVE KIDS YOU NEED THIS TRUCK. THE OTHERS DON'T EVEN COMPAIR IN INTERIOR ROOM.(YOU KNOW YOU DON'T REALLY WANT THE FORD SUPERCREW).

Great new truck!!
By TWAGNER on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Seams to be a Great truck,Has lots of power,the 5.3 V8 285hp engine puts the Fords to shame.I love the leather seat and center console.Bose system rocks!!

I Love my 2003 Chevy Truck
By Jim Helms on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I 2003 Chevy Siverado ST extended cab with the 5300 Vortec engine. I have taken it on one road trip (1900 miles round trip) and drive it to and from work 5 days a week. My normal road vehicle is my 2001 Caddy Saville STS But I must admit, this 2003 truck is almost as comfortable and has allmost all of the same whistles and bells.