2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
#1Truck
By JAMES on 08/16/09 08:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love every thing about this truck.

Very happy with '03 Silverado
By RHBinDFW on 07/20/06 13:27 PM (PDT)

I've had only one minor problem with my truck, more of a nuisance actually. The steering shaft's tenon-and-spline compression joint requires additional grease packing to minimize some minor knocking noises on bumpy roads. Overall, a solid, reliable vehicle.

My Favorite Ride
By R Reeves on 02/05/06 09:53 AM (PST)

I love my truck. It is comfortable to drive, easy to handle and I feel safe and secure at all times. Going from a small 4 dr sedan to a full size truck, gave me more visability on the road. I have had no mechanical problems. I just do the normal maintenance and she runs like a dream.

5th Chevy truck owned
By Kevin on 04/06/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

This has been my 5th Chevy truck since 1990. I've had some good ones and some not so good ones. This one so far is good except for some squeaks from the extended doors and a clunking noise in the steering. The gas mileage from the 4.8l is good at around 20mpg. The power is there when you need it. Over all this has been a good truck so far. The service department just needs to get a few bugs worked out and I'll be very happy.

Love this truck
By mrjaod on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I boutght this used in July '04. I was amazed at the amount of space in the back when compared to the Ford F150 Ext. cab. I have the 4.8l V8 and I think it has plenty of power and about the same mileage as the V-6. I love the standard items that come with this truck (dual zone A/C, CD player, Keyless entry, etc.). It is a sharp looking truck and I plan on owning it for a long time to come. Good Job, Chevy!

2003 chevy ailverado quality review
By George Miller on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The truck is excellent!!...I just wish the manufacturer would have leather and on star as options for the LS model. The 5.3 V8 gets 14.9 City to 16.4 Highway. With gas as expensive as it now is, I would like to see better gas mileage. Handling and performance is great!...Ride i s a little too rough! Needs improvement. I removed the overload springs and added air bags. Still didn't help the ride!

Vrrrooooommm!!!
By jgar58 on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

great power, tranny sucks

Chevy Saddness
By Pmont on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

While vehicle was still in warranty I noticed that the vehicle was using oil when cranking. Dealer oil consumption tests showed the engine was using 1 to 2 quarts of oil for every 3 to 4k miles driven. Chevrolet said usage of up to 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles is within spec. They are essentially saying use of three to four quarts of oil between my normal changes is within spec. Chevrolet was not interested in any goodwill deal to repair the deficiency. After purchasing many GM vehicles over the years, I must say I am extremely dissappointed in Chevrolet's lack of customer service and desire to back up their products. That's my last Chevy.

Best GM since my first in 1964
By TexasCoins.com on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have had what appears to be the worst GM vehicles ever produced (excluding my Corvettes)since my fist new one in 1964. My first aggrivation was the always hesistating "73 LeMans (5.7L); Next came the "5.7L" Diesel nightmare; and the never ending problematic Safari Van. They finally got their act together with this 4.8L Silvarado Truck. I cannot give enough praise. Everything works, AND VERY WELL. Great performance ! Great economy ! Great looks ! Thanks GM. I nneded that.

2003 silverado
By peter janke on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

this is an out standing truck