2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Excellent Reliability!
By jdeluca1 on 01/05/11 09:30 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Silverado and love it. It has everything I want in a truck. The Bose sound and 6disc in-dash stereo is great. Very comfortable inside. I bought this truck used with 36k miles on it. Since then--in the past 3 years, now it is up to 106k miles on it----still no problems. The only complaint I have was the face of the radio. The paint or numbers would peel off. The other thing I love is how much this truck holds its value. Unlike other cars--it holds its value really well. Great truck!

Excellent Reliability!
By jdeluca1 on 01/05/11 09:30 AM (PST)

Great truck
By chev_03_Z71 on 08/27/10 05:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used with 69,000 miles 2.5 years ago. I now have 115,000 miles with no problems. I regularly tow a 3000 lb ski boat and have a truck camper in the bed and the 5.3 L has no problem handling it.

Good truck
By ART on 08/03/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

I now have 185,000 miles on it I pull a small trailer for work and have no problems. Yes there are parts that need to be replaced like starters, plugs, wires, tires and brakes. great truck.

Love my truck!
By Michael on 06/13/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got a great deal on this 2003 LT 1500 Silverado, Took it on its first day trip and all I can say is I love my truck. I averaged 19 mpg on the highway, with the A/C running the whole time. This truck has the smoothest ride I have ever experienced in a full size truck, and its a Z71 4x4. I looked at a lot of trucks before I made the decision to by this beauty, and all I can say is that I feel I made the best choice. If I had to make another choice Dodge was a close 2nd and Ford trucks didn't even come close especially when it comes to fit, finish, comfort and ride quality. So if your thinking of buying a used Chevy 1500, look for an LT and you won't be sorry.

Ol' Reliable
By Bud Utecht on 04/13/10 17:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

As a contractor, we work this truck hard, tow with it, haul with it, and it has never let us down. Comfortable, good ride, nice features. As with all GM trucks of this era the speedometer leaves a lot to be desired. We do have 170,000 miles on this truck. Still rock solid.

I love this truck!
By Pat on 10/14/09 23:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

At 170,000 miles now, this truck runs like new. The 4.8 motor has plenty of power, and still gets upwards of 22mpg - although it doesn't do as well in town driving (maybe 14-15 mpg). But compared to other full size trucks, that don't get as good mpg, and some have less power, this truck can't be beat.

2003 Silverado
By Chevy Owner on 08/25/09 22:15 PM (PDT)

Bought this truck used with 83000 miles on it in May of 2008. Now has 100k and no major problems. The speedometer is a little flaky, it sometimes get stuck in one spot but will eventually correct itself- not a big problem but a minor annoyance, from what I hear this is fairly common for this model. 5.3L V8 is great, plenty of power and mpg's arent too bad for a truck, 16 hwy. Seats are very comfortable which is nice on long trips. I tow a 22' boat with ease, you can hardly feel it back there. Overall I am very satisfied with this truck and I plan on driving it until it wont drive anymore which will be a very long time. Great job Chevy

#1Truck
By JAMES on 08/16/09 08:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love every thing about this truck.

Great Value, Reliable Truck
By Carolinaguy on 04/22/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

I bought this truck with 30K miles, and have driven it to 80K with not a single problem. I regularly get 20 MPG on mostly highway driving, and it is comfortable on longer trips. I've also owned a Ford F150 and Ford Ranger, and it's unreal how much more room this extended cab has in it. I can't imagine how much the double cab has. This has been a great ownership experience and I love this truck. I see many with 150-200K miles so I look forward to owning this one for a while.