Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Excellent Reliability!
By jdeluca1

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Silverado and love it. It has everything I want in a truck. The Bose sound and 6disc in-dash stereo is great. Very comfortable inside. I bought this truck used with 36k miles on it. Since then--in the past 3 years, now it is up to 106k miles on it----still no problems. The only complaint I have was the face of the radio. The paint or numbers would peel off. The other thing I love is how much this truck holds its value. Unlike other cars--it holds its value really well. Great truck!

Favorite Features

Bose surround sound, 6disc in-dash CD changer, push button 4WD.

Suggested Improvements

The face of the radio needs a redesign as your fingernails can peel off the paint on the radio.

Excellent Reliability!
By jdeluca1

Favorite Features

Bose surround sound, 6disc in-dash CD changer, push button 4WD.

Great truck
By chev_03_Z71

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used with 69,000 miles 2.5 years ago. I now have 115,000 miles with no problems. I regularly tow a 3000 lb ski boat and have a truck camper in the bed and the 5.3 L has no problem handling it.

Favorite Features

Bose sound. Smooth ride. 18 mpg on road trips (without trailer/boat)

Suggested Improvements

Better sealing rear windows.

Good truck
By ART

I now have 185,000 miles on it I pull a small trailer for work and have no problems. Yes there are parts that need to be replaced like starters, plugs, wires, tires and brakes. great truck.

Favorite Features

all

Suggested Improvements

to open back doors it a tight fit if your in a parking lot with cars parked next to you.

Love my truck!
By Michael

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got a great deal on this 2003 LT 1500 Silverado, Took it on its first day trip and all I can say is I love my truck. I averaged 19 mpg on the highway, with the A/C running the whole time. This truck has the smoothest ride I have ever experienced in a full size truck, and its a Z71 4x4. I looked at a lot of trucks before I made the decision to by this beauty, and all I can say is that I feel I made the best choice. If I had to make another choice Dodge was a close 2nd and Ford trucks didn't even come close especially when it comes to fit, finish, comfort and ride quality. So if your thinking of buying a used Chevy 1500, look for an LT and you won't be sorry.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, memory seats, Cold a/c, over all visibility, extremely plush seats and ride

Suggested Improvements

NONE