2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Awesome SS
By MikeF on 04/27/07 10:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. It gives the feel and capability of a truck but the look of a high performance vehicle so head turning is always happening. It's a good professional looking business vehicle that you can throw your Harley in as well. Always getting compliments!

Good Truck
By John on 01/26/07 14:36 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my truck since May 2003. I haven't had any problems except the throttle body had to be cleaned under warranty and the intermediate steering shaft had to be fixed under warranty. Otherwise this truck has been very fun and useful and totally reliable. I plan to keep it a long time! Gas consumption surprisingly good!

SS 4 Ya!
By saegc7 on 02/18/06 11:09 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Moving from an SUV to a man's vehicle was an easy choice, but finding out which one was the tough part. Nissan has reliability problems and Ford (fix or repair daily) was out of the question. The Toyota sat too high and wasn't wide enough. The Chevy had the power, looks, and "truckability" that I wanted. The power from the 6.0L HO V8 is phenomenal. Plenty in reserve when cruising @70 mph. The interior is great with everything ergonomically in place. The climate controls are easy to operate and keep the cabin confortable. The Bose sound system is awesome especially when coupled with the optional XM radio. AWD is a boon when in rain or snow. Get 'em while they last! You won't be disappointed!!

Love My SS
By Armando Pagan on 12/23/05 17:19 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I am on the road in my truck an average of 4 hours a day. I am a very hard driver and the truck has been at wide open throttle since the day it left the dealership. There is now 53000 miles on my truck and I am extremely impressed by the way the truck is holding up. I have had many vehicles that had to be discarded becuase of my driving habits. This one is a keeper!

The Caddilac of Trucks
By ONYXsilveradoSS on 05/13/05 14:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck rocks. Some minor problems but fixes make the truck better. Chevy de-tuned this one big time and there is performance left to be had...faster. Love this truck, better than a Ford in build quality.

I saw a Dodge SRT10 in the Ditch!
By Stunts on 12/03/04 09:43 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I hope they continue to make it because I want a new one every 3 years. I chose the SS because of the All Wheel Drive and Extended Cab. Sure a Dodge SRT10 maybe faster at the top end but not off the line. My AWD hooks up and I'm out of there while the Dodge sits and spins. And lets see the Dodge forge snow and ice! Not gonna happen. And after I beat the snow storm and make it to town, I can throw plenty of food and beer behind the seats (Extended Cab!) and still get up to 60 mph in 6.3 seconds. The exhaust note is phenomenal. The transmission shifts as smooth as the one in my Mercedes E420. This truck rocks!

Hot 04 SS
By vburg on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun truck to drive

I really like this SS.
By mwr on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, I love my SS. Great looks, good power, awesome brakes, big wheels/tires, comfortable seating for 5, AWD, and TERRIFIC in bad weather. An excellent tow vehicle too. I occasionally tow my race car/trailer and almost forget they are back there. Fuel mileage started as low as 10mpg, but has improved to the 13.5-14mpg mark after about a year. Best I have done is about 16.5 highway. Love the XM radio and heated seats in the winter. I have fun driving this truck every day, except for paralell parking it at work. If I had to make a complaint, it's that this truck is really expensive to own: monthly payment + insurance + gas really ads up. Thank

My 03 SS
By GaryC69Z on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I drive my SS 5 - 6 days a week. I really enjoy that GM feel'n every time I stand on the throttle. I traded a 2000 Silverado and was dreading the fuel ecomomy drop between the two but to my suprise I am getting 16.5 mpg like clockwork.

One BadSS
By thoneycutt on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best looking & performing pick-up Chevy has ever built. It really turns heads. Enough said!

1 2 3 4 5 next »