2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
I love this truck!
By Pat on 10/14/09 23:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

At 170,000 miles now, this truck runs like new. The 4.8 motor has plenty of power, and still gets upwards of 22mpg - although it doesn't do as well in town driving (maybe 14-15 mpg). But compared to other full size trucks, that don't get as good mpg, and some have less power, this truck can't be beat.

Great Value, Reliable Truck
By Carolinaguy on 04/22/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck with 30K miles, and have driven it to 80K with not a single problem. I regularly get 20 MPG on mostly highway driving, and it is comfortable on longer trips. I've also owned a Ford F150 and Ford Ranger, and it's unreal how much more room this extended cab has in it. I can't imagine how much the double cab has. This has been a great ownership experience and I love this truck. I see many with 150-200K miles so I look forward to owning this one for a while.

My first truck
By My first truck on 03/09/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The inside of the extended cab really surprised me, I'm 6'2" and i fit nice in the backseat. Had hauled heavy, heavy stuff and it was like it loved working and this is only a V6. I used this also on vacations, 8 to 10 hour drives, with two kids in the back. It's a ready to use for all occasions.

2003 Silverado
By silverado on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a reliable fullsize pickup that would get good gas mileage. Turns out, I should have just gone for the V-8. Overall, this is a very nice pickup, and I have had no problems so far. But, for a V-6 2wd pickup, I was expecting better than 17 mpg. The truck is comfortable, and is large enough to use as a family vehicle. It has some really nice features for a base model, like the dual zone climate control, cruise, and CD player. Everything is well laid out and easy to use. The V- 6 has adequate power to get around, but is nothing to brag about. Overall, I would recommend this truck, but would suggest one of the bigger engines.

2003 Silverado V6
By gggcag on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted an economical full-size extended cab pickup. This truck has the 4.3 liter V6 and delivers 20+ MPG and still has adequate performance. I have now owned it one year with no problems. It rides very well and is comfortable.

2003 Silverado Ext Cab 4.3L
By JBaxter on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

4000 miles and minor problems. Both rear windows and seals have been replaced due to poor design with wind noise. Vibration/buzz in the gas pedal is being worked. I know there is a TSB from GM on this. Fun truck that is smooth and plenty of power from the reliable 4.3L. Wife likes the room and the feel of a truck in the city.

Top-notch
By cjsturk on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I needed the practicality of a truck. When I first drove it around the city everyone stopped to look. Now that I have started adding things to accent the already great looking exterior, my truck gets even more attention. On top of that it's a pleasant truck to drive. It handles great and has all the power I need.

Chev 1500 Silverado V6
By WJ PROTHEROE on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Safe to drive

No grunt!
By WingPi1 on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The 4.3 V6 is a total disaster when it comes to engines. No power and poor fuel milage. Hey, I could have gotten a V8! Other than that, it's a nice truck. My wife's Corvette gets to 60MPH in about 4 seconds and tops out at 176 MPH. ON trips, we've gotten as high as 33.5 MPG. Around town, she gets22-27.

Excellent Truck
By halovaulter on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my truck in May 31 2003 and have put 6000 miles on my truck. The truck runs great, its quiet, and smooth. I got the V8 4.8L option and it gives me all the performance and power I need. Have only had a squeaking door.