2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Chevy continues to make me pro

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Base Regular Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

Chevy continues to make me proud.
By jeffdog9000 on

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

After about 5 weeks I took this baby for a 1500 mi. trip. Then a few months later I hooked a heavy double axle horse trailer loaded with a refrigerator and entire churchful of people's belongings and hauled them on my bumper hitch and pulled them with my Vortec-V6 on a 600 miles round trip. I drove 80 mph with the max AC blowing full blast down the interstate. Other than oil changes every 7k miles or so I have not had to do anything to this truck. At 95,000 miles I swear the brakes or belt would need replaced, but it keeps on keep'n on. Not to mention I feel completly safe in my truck!

The classic bodystyle, the charcoal paint. Auto headlamp (night & daytime). Power with good gas mileage. My 26 gallon tank will get me almost 500 miles even though I have a lead foot.

Although smooth and quiet is good, a pick-up is supposed to sound tough. If the Rams can make theirs sound mean, why can't they make the Silverado sound like the Camaro?