2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Good for what I use

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Good for what I use it for!
By Brad on

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just rolled 100K the other week. Original everything. No complaints. Get about 14-15mpg with construction work in subdivisions and driving backwards 1/2 the time there. Not in a hurry to get a new Chevy, same interiorI Thought the plastic dash looked 'cheap' on Chevy. No way on the Dodge, and everyone has Fords. Looking for a 3/4 ton and I test drove all three at the same time. I will definitely be going with the Duramax, and Chevy's Smoooth HD ride. This pulls the 16' low-boy when needed, and gets me from A-to-B. nothing fancy. Hey, that's why I got it. Overall, It's good, just wish this truck would've had limited-slip.

Favorite Features

Does its job, reliable. Gets lost in the crowd, so doesn't get messed with. The ride is just smoother than its Ford and Dodge counterparts, especially the seats. They're like little couches!

Suggested Improvements

New dash! New buttons, new switches. Something! Add some Aux switches like Ford did, I really like that!