2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Best Buy Pickup

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Best Buy Pickup
By shotgunbill on

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is a smooth riding, but capable work truck. I have hauled firewood to building materials and everything in between. It beats any other pickup in its class for fuel mileage, yet has enough power to get things done. I think GM's quality has improved a lot over the last ten years. I love the layout of the cab, and the special features. The 4.3 V6 has decent power- low end torque, cruises at the high teens of rpm at 65 mph. It handles well and brakes good. When I trade in my SUV I plan on buying a Tahoe, I hope before they restyle it. While I like the current Chevy over Ford or Dodge , I like the style of the 2002s better.

Day time ruuning lights, automatic lights when dark. Automatic volume control on the great CD radio system. An all iron engine yes, even the heads are still iron. The tow-haul package, from the botton on the shifter, to the hitch and electical plug in. I even love the little box for jump starts.

Fuel mileage, the engine oil drain dumps oil right on a crossmember - use two drain pans, and the oil filter is hard to get at.