2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
As good as it gets !!!!!!!!!!
By TenderButt on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded in my cadillac for a Z71 4WD 1500 LT. Wow what a truck! I test drove the ford lariat, dodge, and the Tundra, essentially the chevy kicks thier butts hands down. I drove it from SF to Reno and back. Now I know what it means to feel the force. This truck has loads of power, it is easy to drive, and rides essentially like a cadillac. It rides solid like my porsche which I am thinking of selling so I can buy another chevy for myself since my wife will not let me drive it, it is her truck now.

truck guy's truck
By lukeh on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Its great. it has the power i need, the look i want, the durability it should, and it works hard when i put it to the test. to put it simply i always have been a chevy man and as long as chevy keeps pumping out trucks like the silverado i always will be. my friends keep buying fords, and they wonder why i'm still only on my second chevy truck. to put it simply they are the best truck made. period.

Sounds good on Paper,but...
By jzr1sy on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Mine is equipped with the Z71 option. Very annoying hesitation while in slow driving (heavy traffic)when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear followed by a hard shudder, then it shifts. Been to the dealer 6 times, tried many things, including replacing the transmission, to no relief. When factory representative drove it, he decided that since this problem is in other vehicles there was nothing he could do about it(New standard?). Shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear the same happens but to a lesser degree.

2002 Silverado R.C./S.B. 5.3L 2WD
By A.L. on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Traded my 1993 Chevy which I had for 9 years never had a problem but lacking a little power. This is why I bought another Chevy( 2002 ) This puppy with the reg. cab and short bed will get up and move. It does have the 5.3L which will move it with no problem. I have add a cat-back system, better shocks, and a bed hard matching cover.

steering knock
By jim upstate ny on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 1994 ck pu that had a steering knock and after a year of complaining (to Detroit) the dealer replaced the steering gear box which solved the problem.

My 2nd Silverado
By Lady Up North on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I traded out my '00 with 26k miles for a '02 because I wanted to upgrade not because of any troubles. The highway handling is great for a vehicle this large. Mileage is low but compared to the midsized SUVs it's not any worse. This is a truck for those who really want a truck and not a luxury sedan disguised in truck's clothing. Chevy gets knocked for the "Fisher Price" look but I want to wash my truck out with a big sponge and a bucket of water if needed. Worrying about my interior finishes is not on my to-do list.

BEWARE OF PISTON SLAP
By jack, ashton on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

good overall but, defective engines, the 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, and more have defective pistons. go to website, gm piston slap. on start up sound like diesel engine, the pistons are banging up against cylinder walls. gm service bulletin 01-06-01-028. gm knows the problem, they WILL NOT FIX, says banging pistons is normal. lease do not buy. research the problem before buying. REMEMBER, GM WILL NOT FIX YOUR DEFECTIVE ENGINE.

Chevrolet Silverado xtra cab 5.3 2WD SB
By Bruce Morgan on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A real truck, not a cute poser. If you in need of real power to tow, don't waste your time with Toyota and the rest.

Silverado V6 Short Bed - Purchased 11/01
By CHEVYTRUCK2002 on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great new features. I purchased the V6 instead of the V8 due to fuel economy. The V6 has power and does not jolt when using Octane 92-94 during fast accelleration. The manual recommends 87 octanes. I have had a little jolt in the transmission when rapid accellaration with 87 octane. The body has double side galvanized steel so you don't have to worry about nicks and rust. Overall, I feel my Silverado was a great buy that will hold its value for years when compared to other manufactuers - QUALITY and RELIABLE.

JonesN' for a Chevy
By Jones on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

All I have been wanting for three years is an Ext. Cab Chevy 4x4. So I went out and spent more than I could afford, and man IT WAS WORTH IT. I enjoy everything about my truck except the gas mileage. I knew it would be low so I'm not disappointed. I really enjoy the ride comfort and the braking ability for a large vehicle. Nice Truck!