2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews 7

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Just what the boat ordered
By V on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Love this truck, traded in a 2000,4.3l GMC Seirra Reg Cab. Having same problem I had on GMC, drivers side mirror shake terribly at 30 mph or higher. I pull a 25oo lb boat with it, never notice its there.

A Solid Reliable Beaut
By RickH on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck just about a year. So far I haven't experienced the problems noted in some of the other reviews. The truck handles great, lots of power when I need it and just an all round joy to own and drive. I am concerned about other peoples experiences with GM regarding thier handling of deficiencies. But if my experience thus far with both the truck and the dealership continue dealing with GM Corp. Customer Service wont be an issue. I bought this truck because of styling and percieved Chev quality, so far I have not been disapointed.

4X4 Chevy Ext Cab
By tommyburk on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Plenty of power, not great milage but as food as the rest

So Far So Good
By Acerock on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle in January and have loged on about 15,000 miles. I love this truck. I have the 5.3 V8 and towed my Jet Ski to laughlin this summer several times and got over 400 miles on a tank of fuel while towing! Gas mileage aint so good in town(most likely due to the flowmaster exhaust and K&N FIPK). Runs really strong and sounds good with the addition of a flowmaster exhaust and K&N. The interior seems to be wearing well in fact it shows very little wear at all. The plastics used for the dash and in the armrest are all hard and cheap feeling. The rest of the materials seem to be of an acceptable quality.

TRANSMISSION NOISE
By S NEVILLE on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I LIKE THE INTERIOR ROOM,COMFORT,LOOKS, RIDE AND ACTUALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS TRUCK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE GRINDING NOISE THE TRANSMISSION MAKES WHEN THE TORQUE CONVERTER ENGAGES AND DISENGAGES FROM LOCKUP AT AROUND 42 MPH.THIS DID IT THE DAY I TOOK DELIVERY,AND HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED BY THE DEALER AND GM FACTORY REP AS "CHARACTERISTIC" OR "ASPECT" OF VEHICLES WITH MANUAL TRANSFER CASES,WITH NO REPAIR POSSIBLE OR FORTHCOMING. I AM DISSATISFIED WITH THEIR EXPLAINATION AND HANDLING OF THIS DEFECT TO THIS POINT AND AM STILL AWAITING A SATISFACTORY RESOLUTION

Very Good Truck
By Connell on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

These are great trucks. I have owned Chevy trucks in the past and have always sworn by them. For the last year and a half I have been driving a Ford 150XLT, and I would have to say that the Fords are junk. I still have the Ford because it is a company vehicle, but I needed another Chevy truck just for the pleasure of driving one.

Like a Rock
By Nick Collins on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great power with the 5.3L V8. Seates are very comfortable, and the ride is unmatched by any other full size on the market. I drive an hour to work 5 days a week and wouldnt trade my Z71 for anything.

Love this truck!!!
By hnugent on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Looks great and lives up to the look. Feels like I'm driving a Vet with a truck bed on it. Love the power and handling. Smoothest ride I've ever had from ANY truck, and MOST cars. A/C and stereo controls are easy and efficient. The layout makes for quick adjustment without distracting from the road. Get compliments on it everywhere I go. Got two compliments on the truck in the last three days. Am very satisfied with my purchase!!!

2002 Silverado 2wd ext
By elljayvee on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just 3 weeks old as of this writing. Very quiet interior for a truck.Pleasantly surprised the 5.3 V8 gave 15.6 mpg 1st tank, and 17.8 second tank. Tow package w/ Lim slp. Ride is a little bouncy but acceptable.

Sweet Ride
By Da Man on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall a very nice truck. I have no problems with it what so ever. It is quick off the line, and handles the corners better then my friends Ford. Great Pickup truck. I love the engine. The Transmission though seems to shift into 4th too soon. Other then that, I have no problems with the truck.