2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Like a Rock
By Nick Collins on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great power with the 5.3L V8. Seates are very comfortable, and the ride is unmatched by any other full size on the market. I drive an hour to work 5 days a week and wouldnt trade my Z71 for anything.

Love this truck!!!
By hnugent on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Looks great and lives up to the look. Feels like I'm driving a Vet with a truck bed on it. Love the power and handling. Smoothest ride I've ever had from ANY truck, and MOST cars. A/C and stereo controls are easy and efficient. The layout makes for quick adjustment without distracting from the road. Get compliments on it everywhere I go. Got two compliments on the truck in the last three days. Am very satisfied with my purchase!!!

2002 Silverado 2wd ext
By elljayvee on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just 3 weeks old as of this writing. Very quiet interior for a truck.Pleasantly surprised the 5.3 V8 gave 15.6 mpg 1st tank, and 17.8 second tank. Tow package w/ Lim slp. Ride is a little bouncy but acceptable.

Sweet Ride
By Da Man on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall a very nice truck. I have no problems with it what so ever. It is quick off the line, and handles the corners better then my friends Ford. Great Pickup truck. I love the engine. The Transmission though seems to shift into 4th too soon. Other then that, I have no problems with the truck.

As good as it gets !!!!!!!!!!
By TenderButt on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded in my cadillac for a Z71 4WD 1500 LT. Wow what a truck! I test drove the ford lariat, dodge, and the Tundra, essentially the chevy kicks thier butts hands down. I drove it from SF to Reno and back. Now I know what it means to feel the force. This truck has loads of power, it is easy to drive, and rides essentially like a cadillac. It rides solid like my porsche which I am thinking of selling so I can buy another chevy for myself since my wife will not let me drive it, it is her truck now.

truck guy's truck
By lukeh on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Its great. it has the power i need, the look i want, the durability it should, and it works hard when i put it to the test. to put it simply i always have been a chevy man and as long as chevy keeps pumping out trucks like the silverado i always will be. my friends keep buying fords, and they wonder why i'm still only on my second chevy truck. to put it simply they are the best truck made. period.

Sounds good on Paper,but...
By jzr1sy on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Mine is equipped with the Z71 option. Very annoying hesitation while in slow driving (heavy traffic)when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear followed by a hard shudder, then it shifts. Been to the dealer 6 times, tried many things, including replacing the transmission, to no relief. When factory representative drove it, he decided that since this problem is in other vehicles there was nothing he could do about it(New standard?). Shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear the same happens but to a lesser degree.

My 2nd Silverado
By Lady Up North on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I traded out my '00 with 26k miles for a '02 because I wanted to upgrade not because of any troubles. The highway handling is great for a vehicle this large. Mileage is low but compared to the midsized SUVs it's not any worse. This is a truck for those who really want a truck and not a luxury sedan disguised in truck's clothing. Chevy gets knocked for the "Fisher Price" look but I want to wash my truck out with a big sponge and a bucket of water if needed. Worrying about my interior finishes is not on my to-do list.

BEWARE OF PISTON SLAP
By jack, ashton on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

good overall but, defective engines, the 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, and more have defective pistons. go to website, gm piston slap. on start up sound like diesel engine, the pistons are banging up against cylinder walls. gm service bulletin 01-06-01-028. gm knows the problem, they WILL NOT FIX, says banging pistons is normal. lease do not buy. research the problem before buying. REMEMBER, GM WILL NOT FIX YOUR DEFECTIVE ENGINE.

Chevrolet Silverado xtra cab 5.3 2WD SB
By Bruce Morgan on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

A real truck, not a cute poser. If you in need of real power to tow, don't waste your time with Toyota and the rest.