2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews 6

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Silverado 1500 SB LT
By shellbert on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is beautiful. It's performance is outstanding. Acceleration is excellent. The LT package has beautiful leather and features. It handles like a sports car and rides unbelievably smooth.

Not for Cold Climates
By RussHoss on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

It's ok I guess. Fuel line freezes regardless of amt. of gas in the tank. Gas anti-freeze doesn't even help. Limited slip rear end gets stubborn in cold weather.

Love this truck
By cabonx on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had no problems at all. This is my first Silverado and I couldn't be happier

2002 ls ext cab
By the65gto on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I think the response of the engine has been quite good. Gas mileage has been surprising, the 4.3 got nearly 20 mpg in town, the new 5.3 gets 17.5 in town and close to 20 on the highway. This is conservative driving, with no load. Ride is somewhat less than expected, vibration is common, I think due to the tires originally supplied on the vehicle. (General 660's) Dealer replaced all four in the first 200 miles, and for the most part, that fixed the problem, however the vibration is returning. I will not get another General Tire. Comfort in the cab is great, radio, a/c all work well.

Bad Trans
By jrmchevy on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

With 2000 miles on the truck, the transmission fluid line detached and dumped all fluid. After re-building the trans, the truck bumps in and out of gear roughly. Been in the shop 5 times now for same problem - only 4000 miles!

truck
By radlt1mo on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Silverado. All complaints I had about the previous truck have been addressed on this new one. Much tighter turning radius than my 97. Much roomier extended cab. Controls are all placed very conveniently.

silverado
By rar111 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle!! Line-x Bed Liner ($500.00 value) Wheel Flares ($300.00 value ) Door Chip Guard ($100.00 value)

Yuk
By ScottLeavell on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

All I can say is that anyone thinking about this "truck" should honestly reconsiter. The thing is unusually bumpy, doesnt' handle good at all, is horrible on gas mileage--even on the highway, Speakers rattle at the instant of bass and the walls rattle also...it's amazing that I kept this thing as long as I did.

sexy
By kheperia on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My boyfriend bought this truck to use for himself- I urged him to b/c of the dead sexy look of any Chevy. I drive a little Hyundai for the fuel economy- but we have been having horrible windy, snowy weather lately. My man was able to get me out of a ditch in his baby when the 80mph wind and ice sent me spinning. And now I get to drive it whenever we have nasty weather 'cause it handles the ice and wind so well.

My First Truck
By Robert Aaron on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great looking and a nice interior for athe base Silverado. Doe's the job of getting me back and forth to work at the dealership. Have added a few "custom options" to dress it up