2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 5

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Love this truck
By cabonx on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had no problems at all. This is my first Silverado and I couldn't be happier

2002 ls ext cab
By the65gto on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I think the response of the engine has been quite good. Gas mileage has been surprising, the 4.3 got nearly 20 mpg in town, the new 5.3 gets 17.5 in town and close to 20 on the highway. This is conservative driving, with no load. Ride is somewhat less than expected, vibration is common, I think due to the tires originally supplied on the vehicle. (General 660's) Dealer replaced all four in the first 200 miles, and for the most part, that fixed the problem, however the vibration is returning. I will not get another General Tire. Comfort in the cab is great, radio, a/c all work well.

truck
By radlt1mo on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Silverado. All complaints I had about the previous truck have been addressed on this new one. Much tighter turning radius than my 97. Much roomier extended cab. Controls are all placed very conveniently.

silverado
By rar111 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle!! Line-x Bed Liner ($500.00 value) Wheel Flares ($300.00 value ) Door Chip Guard ($100.00 value)

sexy
By kheperia on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

My boyfriend bought this truck to use for himself- I urged him to b/c of the dead sexy look of any Chevy. I drive a little Hyundai for the fuel economy- but we have been having horrible windy, snowy weather lately. My man was able to get me out of a ditch in his baby when the 80mph wind and ice sent me spinning. And now I get to drive it whenever we have nasty weather 'cause it handles the ice and wind so well.

Just what the boat ordered
By V on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Love this truck, traded in a 2000,4.3l GMC Seirra Reg Cab. Having same problem I had on GMC, drivers side mirror shake terribly at 30 mph or higher. I pull a 25oo lb boat with it, never notice its there.

A Solid Reliable Beaut
By RickH on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck just about a year. So far I haven't experienced the problems noted in some of the other reviews. The truck handles great, lots of power when I need it and just an all round joy to own and drive. I am concerned about other peoples experiences with GM regarding thier handling of deficiencies. But if my experience thus far with both the truck and the dealership continue dealing with GM Corp. Customer Service wont be an issue. I bought this truck because of styling and percieved Chev quality, so far I have not been disapointed.

4X4 Chevy Ext Cab
By tommyburk on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Plenty of power, not great milage but as food as the rest

So Far So Good
By Acerock on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle in January and have loged on about 15,000 miles. I love this truck. I have the 5.3 V8 and towed my Jet Ski to laughlin this summer several times and got over 400 miles on a tank of fuel while towing! Gas mileage aint so good in town(most likely due to the flowmaster exhaust and K&N FIPK). Runs really strong and sounds good with the addition of a flowmaster exhaust and K&N. The interior seems to be wearing well in fact it shows very little wear at all. The plastics used for the dash and in the armrest are all hard and cheap feeling. The rest of the materials seem to be of an acceptable quality.

TRANSMISSION NOISE
By S NEVILLE on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I LIKE THE INTERIOR ROOM,COMFORT,LOOKS, RIDE AND ACTUALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS TRUCK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE GRINDING NOISE THE TRANSMISSION MAKES WHEN THE TORQUE CONVERTER ENGAGES AND DISENGAGES FROM LOCKUP AT AROUND 42 MPH.THIS DID IT THE DAY I TOOK DELIVERY,AND HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED BY THE DEALER AND GM FACTORY REP AS "CHARACTERISTIC" OR "ASPECT" OF VEHICLES WITH MANUAL TRANSFER CASES,WITH NO REPAIR POSSIBLE OR FORTHCOMING. I AM DISSATISFIED WITH THEIR EXPLAINATION AND HANDLING OF THIS DEFECT TO THIS POINT AND AM STILL AWAITING A SATISFACTORY RESOLUTION