2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Lifelong Chevy owner - may change
By Kevin on 05/08/06 13:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Average vehicle to drive. 54,000 replaced air conditioning, power window motor. 74,000 rebuilt the transmission, 107,000 rebuilt the transmission. Don't flush the transmission, drop the pan. Only had flushed twice, once at dealer, once at ASE certified. Needed a new tranny within 2 days - both times. Get the 5.3, not 4.8 - no gas savings there. A very disappointed lifelong Chevy owner. I've got a 94 Chevy 4.3L with 300K that runs better than this one.

Good Truck
By BWHITE on 04/19/06 11:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck used with 15,000 miles on it, I now have 45,000 on it 2 years later. I have had no problems with the truck mechanicaly. I tow a ski boat reguarly and fuel economy is only slightly effected. Only problems I have include, the leather seats cracking prematurly, and the dash has a few spots that are chipping. I get better than avertised with fuel economy, i get about 17 mpg city and 20 hwy with the 5.3L V-8. However, I do drive with a light foot and I have a bed cover on the truck. My father has a 2005 4wd Ford F-150 with an idetical bed cover and he gets better gas milage that that, however the chevy seems to handle towing better and is more manuverable.

Love it!
By Kip on 04/06/06 10:31 AM (PDT)

I actually bought this truck used but was the first owner. The dealership used it for parts deliveries so it already had 56000 miles on it in 2002. I test drove several other used trucks with a lot less mileage but they felt ragged out. Before I got off the lot I knew I was going to buy this one. It was very smooth, quiet, did not have one rattle and felt as if it had 0 miles on it. This is the longest I have ever owned a vehicle because I usally get the the "itch" after 1.5 years. Not with this one. It has nearly 130000 miles on it and after some new tires and shocks, it feels brand new again. Still no rattles. Still gets 18-22 mpg on the highway.

Like My Chevy
By Ken on 03/07/06 14:56 PM (PST)

Truck has run well since purchase. Only problem was weak window motors that were replaced after two years. Basic maintenance and it runs just fine. Piston slap is annoying in extremely cold temperatures until it warms up, but that normally goes away after 30 seconds.

Best Truck I've Ever Driven!
By RegRanger on 11/06/05 18:36 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Been driving pickups since the mid-70's-this is the best truck I've ever owned! This is a 2002 that I just bought 7/05 with 56K on it. Rides nice and is very quiet. Lots of conveniences. Getting around 17 mph highway with the 5.3 liter. Rear seats have reasonable amount of leg room and comfort too.

Chevy's Are the Best
By JAGII on 08/15/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great all around truck! Very smooth ride. Feels better than driving a car. Interior is comfortable. Awesome power. Everything a truck should be. A few adjustments need to be made though. Otherwise the best truck out there. I tow a boat and have a 5 point wiring hook up, this truck only has a 7 point hook-up. This requires me to buy an adapter. The rear a/c vent is a plus! I think a rear locking differential would have been better than limited slip.

2002 Silverdado
By Steve H on 05/15/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

My 2002 Silverado has been an outstanding truck. I just bought a 6000 LB trailer and it pulls it with ease, however rather slow on big hills and gas mileage is around 10 MPG but that was to be expected. My lease is now up and have decided to buy out the lease.

Best Truck I Have Ever Owned
By STHORNWALL on 01/29/05 01:10 AM (PST)

Absolutely the best truck I have ever owned.This is my 4th truck.I owned a 1996 Dodge Ram,1996 Chevy Cheyenne,2001 Ford F150 and now my 2002 Silverado.Its performance and sturdy reliability has turned me off to any other brand of truck. The ride is very smooth on and off road. The truck has great response to aftermarket intake, headers, and exaust. The interior looks great and is very comfortable as well as long lasting and easy to maintain. I was discouraged at the price of this truck at first because they are notably more expensive than Ford, Dodge, Toyota. But after about a week of driving I realized that “You get what you pay for”. Truck was worth every penny and more. Won't buy another brand ever

Gotta love this truck!
By Jwheeler on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

They just keep getting better and better. Rides like a car, power like a pickup.

Switched to Extended Cab
By RoeberR on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

No problems. I do mostly city driving and get about the same gas mileage with the the big v8 as I did with the small v6. I switched from the regular cab to extended to get more space, and got the v8 because the v6 just didn't feel right. I've only had 2 issues with the truck. 1. It's too long. It doesn't fit in my garage. 2. It doesn't turn sharp enough, but Chevy sells an option to fix that problem.