Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

I don't want a new truck
By chevyman

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got 95000 and all I have had 2 do is oil changes and 2 20 amp fuses in this truck and that is it! Me and my friend both have dune buggies, and I passed his V10 Ford going up a large grade. I love Chevy's return of the 5.3 327 motor and it is here to stay!

5.3 327 powerhouse

Poor paint quality on dash

'02 Silverado
By fmj126

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. Lots of power, very dependable, and very good design. This is my first truck and I love it. I have dual exhaust on the 5.3 and it sounds great. If the gas pedal is pushed a little hard you won't get good gas mileage but I keep it under 2000 rpms and and get a little under 20 mpg.

Power

This truck does need a better stereo. Other than that it's great

Nice Truck!
By Nice Truck

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my truck back in Sep 07 with 46,000 miles. I put over 1,000 miles on it the first 2 days I had it. I have the 4.8L V8 and it gets decent fuel efficency for a truck. I recently purchased a 05 Titan SE that blows this Silverado away with torque and power. I still think the Chevy is more comfortable and a nicer ride on trips, but lacks engine power and torque compared to a Titan.

I like the seat comfort, build of the truck, (last year with rounded body style) and I love the tool box and grille guard, running bars and ride stance!

I would like to have purchased more options but that's what I get for purchasing a LS instead of LT.

The Truck I'd Always Wanted
By Skip

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had always loved short box extended cab Chevys. Upon seeing the redesign for '03 I had to run out and pick up an '02 (don't care for the Batmobile nose). Has simply been the best truck I've ever owned. The 5.3L has excellent power and the cab is quiet and comfortable. Sensible driving returns about 16-17mpg in town and can get 20mpg highway if I keep my foot out of it, which can be difficult since its a lot of fun to jump on, occasionally.

Comfort, performance, styling. It looks like a pickup instead of a Dodge- ified Big Rig wannabe.

I goosed up the factory stereo with an amp and better speakers.

Reliable??? your kidding right?
By Anton

Here are my thoughts. I have nearly 67k on my 5.3. the "leather interior" is a complete joke. first of all, the seats are leather, but the arm rests are not. have had to replace the driverside once and it needs to be replaced again because the material is cracked again. my best guess is they replaced with with a vinyl instead of leather because it was cheaper. $250+ labor if i want it fixed again. also, the dash. i know a few otehr people here have said it looked cheap. how right you are. the orignal color of the dash is black plastic, that is painted to match the interior of your truck. i know this because the pain stated peeling off resulting in $200 worth of repair work.

i have none. even onstar is a joke.

Buy a toyota, get out a pen and paper and start taking notes. the 2008 Tundra has the interior, the exterior, power and gas millage that we all want in a truck. not to mention leg room. my advise to chevy, scrap the silverado and start from scratch.