Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

I don't want a new truck
By chevyman

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got 95000 and all I have had 2 do is oil changes and 2 20 amp fuses in this truck and that is it! Me and my friend both have dune buggies, and I passed his V10 Ford going up a large grade. I love Chevy's return of the 5.3 327 motor and it is here to stay!

Favorite Features

5.3 327 powerhouse

Suggested Improvements

Poor paint quality on dash

'02 Silverado
By fmj126

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. Lots of power, very dependable, and very good design. This is my first truck and I love it. I have dual exhaust on the 5.3 and it sounds great. If the gas pedal is pushed a little hard you won't get good gas mileage but I keep it under 2000 rpms and and get a little under 20 mpg.

Favorite Features

Power

Suggested Improvements

This truck does need a better stereo. Other than that it's great

Nice Truck!
By Nice Truck

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my truck back in Sep 07 with 46,000 miles. I put over 1,000 miles on it the first 2 days I had it. I have the 4.8L V8 and it gets decent fuel efficency for a truck. I recently purchased a 05 Titan SE that blows this Silverado away with torque and power. I still think the Chevy is more comfortable and a nicer ride on trips, but lacks engine power and torque compared to a Titan.

Favorite Features

I like the seat comfort, build of the truck, (last year with rounded body style) and I love the tool box and grille guard, running bars and ride stance!

Suggested Improvements

I would like to have purchased more options but that's what I get for purchasing a LS instead of LT.

Happy to own, sad to let it go
By Bowtie for Life

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. The only reason I am getting rid of it is to get a 2008 Chevy Extended cab (growing family). If you like a quick powerful truck, this has all you need. 5.3L. It is comfortable and fun to drive. fuel is about 16 mpg. i have ridden in all models and to me (comparing same year models) there is no comparison, this truck is heads and shoulders above the rest. whether you are brand loyal or not...you will buy this truck if you drive it.

Favorite Features

Powerful, quick and fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Stereo is lacking a bit, I actually turn off the rear speakers

The Truck I'd Always Wanted
By Skip

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had always loved short box extended cab Chevys. Upon seeing the redesign for '03 I had to run out and pick up an '02 (don't care for the Batmobile nose). Has simply been the best truck I've ever owned. The 5.3L has excellent power and the cab is quiet and comfortable. Sensible driving returns about 16-17mpg in town and can get 20mpg highway if I keep my foot out of it, which can be difficult since its a lot of fun to jump on, occasionally.

Favorite Features

Comfort, performance, styling. It looks like a pickup instead of a Dodge- ified Big Rig wannabe.

Suggested Improvements

I goosed up the factory stereo with an amp and better speakers.