Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Loved it until the transmission failed
By Sherwood

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Silverado new in 2002 after owning a 2000 Silverado for a couple of years. I liked the fourth door (my 2000 had 3 doors) and I wanted the the 3.73 locking rear end. I also loved the color, dark carmine red. I have taken really great care of this truck, serviced regularly, synthetic oil changes every 3500 to 4000 miles. I never towed anything even though I bought it with the towing package (just in case). Rarely more than a few hundred pounds. It is my daily driver. At just under 63000 miles it burned up the transmission and put me out around $3000. I feel cheated on and not sure if I can trust it not to cheat on me again even though it really runs great. I am so disapointed.

Smooth running 5.3L engine really gets up and moves.

Upholstery is a little cheap. I had to fix the rear side windows with some foam insulation strips to stop the wind noise. One of the rear door rattles unless I keep it lubed and slam it shut. I wish the rear seats folded down flat and had more storage room underneath.

I don't want a new truck
By chevyman

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got 95000 and all I have had 2 do is oil changes and 2 20 amp fuses in this truck and that is it! Me and my friend both have dune buggies, and I passed his V10 Ford going up a large grade. I love Chevy's return of the 5.3 327 motor and it is here to stay!

5.3 327 powerhouse

Poor paint quality on dash

'02 Silverado
By fmj126

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. Lots of power, very dependable, and very good design. This is my first truck and I love it. I have dual exhaust on the 5.3 and it sounds great. If the gas pedal is pushed a little hard you won't get good gas mileage but I keep it under 2000 rpms and and get a little under 20 mpg.

Power

This truck does need a better stereo. Other than that it's great

Nice Truck!
By Nice Truck

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my truck back in Sep 07 with 46,000 miles. I put over 1,000 miles on it the first 2 days I had it. I have the 4.8L V8 and it gets decent fuel efficency for a truck. I recently purchased a 05 Titan SE that blows this Silverado away with torque and power. I still think the Chevy is more comfortable and a nicer ride on trips, but lacks engine power and torque compared to a Titan.

I like the seat comfort, build of the truck, (last year with rounded body style) and I love the tool box and grille guard, running bars and ride stance!

I would like to have purchased more options but that's what I get for purchasing a LS instead of LT.

Happy to own, sad to let it go
By Bowtie for Life

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. The only reason I am getting rid of it is to get a 2008 Chevy Extended cab (growing family). If you like a quick powerful truck, this has all you need. 5.3L. It is comfortable and fun to drive. fuel is about 16 mpg. i have ridden in all models and to me (comparing same year models) there is no comparison, this truck is heads and shoulders above the rest. whether you are brand loyal or not...you will buy this truck if you drive it.

Powerful, quick and fun to drive

Stereo is lacking a bit, I actually turn off the rear speakers