Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Base Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

02 silverado 200,000 and still going strong
By dangerranger48

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

my grandpa bought his 02 for 3,100 bucks couple years ago since then it has had no issues at all still runs great only thing it does burn alittle bit but not to much have to say this truck is really fun to drive only thing that i would say is the ride quality could be improved a bit kinda bouncy

Suggested Improvements

ride

Average Price, Average Quality
By nmgraduate

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Over the past few years the only problem that I have experienced was with the cd player not reading discs. The Silverado is a dependable vehicle I would recommend.

Favorite Features

The simple exterior design, and comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

The interior plastics are cheap, and the suspension could be a little more tough.

Chevy continues to make me proud.
By jeffdog9000

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

After about 5 weeks I took this baby for a 1500 mi. trip. Then a few months later I hooked a heavy double axle horse trailer loaded with a refrigerator and entire churchful of people's belongings and hauled them on my bumper hitch and pulled them with my Vortec-V6 on a 600 miles round trip. I drove 80 mph with the max AC blowing full blast down the interstate. Other than oil changes every 7k miles or so I have not had to do anything to this truck. At 95,000 miles I swear the brakes or belt would need replaced, but it keeps on keep'n on. Not to mention I feel completly safe in my truck!

Favorite Features

The classic bodystyle, the charcoal paint. Auto headlamp (night & daytime). Power with good gas mileage. My 26 gallon tank will get me almost 500 miles even though I have a lead foot.

Suggested Improvements

Although smooth and quiet is good, a pick-up is supposed to sound tough. If the Rams can make theirs sound mean, why can't they make the Silverado sound like the Camaro?

Safety Hazard
By DH

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My truck is just ok. Nothing spectacular. However, the most serious problem with this vehicle is that there is an air-conditioner solid tube that is routed directly over the distributer, cap and rotor. Every six to ten months, the continuous water dripping onto the distributer corrodes the internal electronics and the vehicle is subject to unexpected stalling without the possibility of restarting. This vehicle is very dangerous, yet Chevrolet refuses to admit this design flaw to date. I have a lemon law case file in progress and notifying local news sources in an effort to save other people from this neglegence.

Silverado V6 Short Bed - Purchased 11/01
By CHEVYTRUCK2002

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great new features. I purchased the V6 instead of the V8 due to fuel economy. The V6 has power and does not jolt when using Octane 92-94 during fast accelleration. The manual recommends 87 octanes. I have had a little jolt in the transmission when rapid accellaration with 87 octane. The body has double side galvanized steel so you don't have to worry about nicks and rust. Overall, I feel my Silverado was a great buy that will hold its value for years when compared to other manufactuers - QUALITY and RELIABLE.

Favorite Features

The truck rides more like a car than it past year models I have test drove.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a rubber molded bed liner that comes standard so do not have to worry about nick and chips to the bed during normal use. A little more room in the standard cab for cargo behind the seat and to tilt the seat back further.