Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

02 silverado 200,000 and still going strong
By dangerranger48

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

my grandpa bought his 02 for 3,100 bucks couple years ago since then it has had no issues at all still runs great only thing it does burn alittle bit but not to much have to say this truck is really fun to drive only thing that i would say is the ride quality could be improved a bit kinda bouncy

Suggested Improvements

ride

Happy to own, sad to let it go
By Bowtie for Life

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. The only reason I am getting rid of it is to get a 2008 Chevy Extended cab (growing family). If you like a quick powerful truck, this has all you need. 5.3L. It is comfortable and fun to drive. fuel is about 16 mpg. i have ridden in all models and to me (comparing same year models) there is no comparison, this truck is heads and shoulders above the rest. whether you are brand loyal or not...you will buy this truck if you drive it.

Favorite Features

Powerful, quick and fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Stereo is lacking a bit, I actually turn off the rear speakers

Average Price, Average Quality
By nmgraduate

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Over the past few years the only problem that I have experienced was with the cd player not reading discs. The Silverado is a dependable vehicle I would recommend.

Favorite Features

The simple exterior design, and comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

The interior plastics are cheap, and the suspension could be a little more tough.

Chevy continues to make me proud.
By jeffdog9000

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

After about 5 weeks I took this baby for a 1500 mi. trip. Then a few months later I hooked a heavy double axle horse trailer loaded with a refrigerator and entire churchful of people's belongings and hauled them on my bumper hitch and pulled them with my Vortec-V6 on a 600 miles round trip. I drove 80 mph with the max AC blowing full blast down the interstate. Other than oil changes every 7k miles or so I have not had to do anything to this truck. At 95,000 miles I swear the brakes or belt would need replaced, but it keeps on keep'n on. Not to mention I feel completly safe in my truck!

Favorite Features

The classic bodystyle, the charcoal paint. Auto headlamp (night & daytime). Power with good gas mileage. My 26 gallon tank will get me almost 500 miles even though I have a lead foot.

Suggested Improvements

Although smooth and quiet is good, a pick-up is supposed to sound tough. If the Rams can make theirs sound mean, why can't they make the Silverado sound like the Camaro?

My Silverado
By mike mullins

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

110% do it all truck no matter weather or conditions, small load or large, with no worries. All around truck. Comfort. Hard worker. If you want a gentle beast, why would anyone throw away their money on any other?

Suggested Improvements

Make a Duramax avalailable in 1500 series trucks in all cab and bed configurations