Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

The Truck I'd Always Wanted
By Skip

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had always loved short box extended cab Chevys. Upon seeing the redesign for '03 I had to run out and pick up an '02 (don't care for the Batmobile nose). Has simply been the best truck I've ever owned. The 5.3L has excellent power and the cab is quiet and comfortable. Sensible driving returns about 16-17mpg in town and can get 20mpg highway if I keep my foot out of it, which can be difficult since its a lot of fun to jump on, occasionally.

Comfort, performance, styling. It looks like a pickup instead of a Dodge- ified Big Rig wannabe.

I goosed up the factory stereo with an amp and better speakers.

Good Truck
By BWHITE

I purchased this truck used with 15,000 miles on it, I now have 45,000 on it 2 years later. I have had no problems with the truck mechanicaly. I tow a ski boat reguarly and fuel economy is only slightly effected. Only problems I have include, the leather seats cracking prematurly, and the dash has a few spots that are chipping. I get better than avertised with fuel economy, i get about 17 mpg city and 20 hwy with the 5.3L V-8. However, I do drive with a light foot and I have a bed cover on the truck. My father has a 2005 4wd Ford F-150 with an idetical bed cover and he gets better gas milage that that, however the chevy seems to handle towing better and is more manuverable.

Power, stereo, driving dynamics, look.

Better paint/rubber on dash, better leather (see what Ford uses it is higher quality).

Good stuff
By Antnmatt

Not into the overstyling of the Ford or Dodge. Like the Toyota but the Chevy had the biggest ext cab. Very impressed with the heated leather and the controls. Plenty of power with the 5.3 and I would worry about the tranny if it had more power. The limited slip comes with LT's but I wouldn't get any P/up without it. Too much power to the rear and it would be worthless in the rain. Awesome with the limited slip.

Interior design and size. Perfect.

Better fog lights. Cupholders in the rear that aren't in the door. Your child leaves his soda in the cupholder and gets out. What do you think happens when they slam the door????

truck
By radlt1mo

This is my second Silverado. All complaints I had about the previous truck have been addressed on this new one. Much tighter turning radius than my 97. Much roomier extended cab. Controls are all placed very conveniently.

The heated seats are an absolute pleasure. Sound system greatly improved.

A little more support in the armrests.

2002 Z71
By dstrout

Can't really fault anything on this truck. The thing that really stands out when you drive this truck is no road or wind noise, it's soild.

Outstanding power