2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Good for what I use it for!
By Brad on 01/15/07 13:11 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just rolled 100K the other week. Original everything. No complaints. Get about 14-15mpg with construction work in subdivisions and driving backwards 1/2 the time there. Not in a hurry to get a new Chevy, same interiorI Thought the plastic dash looked 'cheap' on Chevy. No way on the Dodge, and everyone has Fords. Looking for a 3/4 ton and I test drove all three at the same time. I will definitely be going with the Duramax, and Chevy's Smoooth HD ride. This pulls the 16' low-boy when needed, and gets me from A-to-B. nothing fancy. Hey, that's why I got it. Overall, It's good, just wish this truck would've had limited-slip.

Last chevy
By Dave on 10/10/06 20:37 PM (PDT)

This truck was trouble free until the transmission gave out. Traded it in three days later, new tranny and all since I refuse to own a vehicle that requires major work with only 51,000 easy miles. I also found the handling kind of loose although that may be typical of this large a vehicle. Otherwise the truck did well.

NOT AS GOOD AS IT SHOULD BE!
By honeybun on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Numerous problems with transmission and fuel pumps.Not very reliable.

John's work truck
By John Card on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

No problems since I bought it.

Just what the boat ordered
By V on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Love this truck, traded in a 2000,4.3l GMC Seirra Reg Cab. Having same problem I had on GMC, drivers side mirror shake terribly at 30 mph or higher. I pull a 25oo lb boat with it, never notice its there.

2002 Silverado 2wd ext
By elljayvee on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Just 3 weeks old as of this writing. Very quiet interior for a truck.Pleasantly surprised the 5.3 V8 gave 15.6 mpg 1st tank, and 17.8 second tank. Tow package w/ Lim slp. Ride is a little bouncy but acceptable.