Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Base Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

best truck anyone could own
By nicke123

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven many truck ford dodge and Nissan but this truck is always going to be number one in my book all my other trucks kept breaking down after one haul of hay or one pull of my horse trailer it just quit on me I put more in my other trucks then this one ford and dodge don't run very well I'm just saying that my point of view this is the best truck ever and when I go mudding in this truck it doesn't struggle like my old ones did.

my favorite feature is the 4WD its so much fun in the snow and the mud and plus I got a nice long bed to put chains in to pull out other people.

The only improvements is ad another gas tank so I can go mudding longer.

Good for what I use it for!
By Brad

Just rolled 100K the other week. Original everything. No complaints. Get about 14-15mpg with construction work in subdivisions and driving backwards 1/2 the time there. Not in a hurry to get a new Chevy, same interiorI Thought the plastic dash looked 'cheap' on Chevy. No way on the Dodge, and everyone has Fords. Looking for a 3/4 ton and I test drove all three at the same time. I will definitely be going with the Duramax, and Chevy's Smoooth HD ride. This pulls the 16' low-boy when needed, and gets me from A-to-B. nothing fancy. Hey, that's why I got it. Overall, It's good, just wish this truck would've had limited-slip.

Does its job, reliable. Gets lost in the crowd, so doesn't get messed with. The ride is just smoother than its Ford and Dodge counterparts, especially the seats. They're like little couches!

New dash! New buttons, new switches. Something! Add some Aux switches like Ford did, I really like that!

Last chevy
By Dave

This truck was trouble free until the transmission gave out. Traded it in three days later, new tranny and all since I refuse to own a vehicle that requires major work with only 51,000 easy miles. I also found the handling kind of loose although that may be typical of this large a vehicle. Otherwise the truck did well.

Roomy interior, comfortable seats.

Get rid of the low-slung plastic air- deflector at the bottom of the front bumper. Twice I ripped it off after getting it caught on a curb as I backed out of a parking space. Also, beef up the window motors. They sound like they're really straining to shut the windows.

NOT AS GOOD AS IT SHOULD BE!
By honeybun

Numerous problems with transmission and fuel pumps.Not very reliable.

None

New transmission's and more reliability.

John's work truck
By John Card

No problems since I bought it.

Dash panel looks body shape / exterior looks seat comfort for tall people a plus

Chrome grills for standard vehicles gray is gay