2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!
By rick1733 on 08/08/13 13:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a 2002 Chevy Silverado in 2004. It had 39,000 miles on it. I was a bit nervous I was paying too much but I was betting the engine would make my deal a sweet one. I've got a bit over 230,00 miles on it now. It'll be ten years ago this fall I bought it. NEVER had an issue. NOT one. Had to have the fuel injection-stuff cleaned out at about 185k miles... that kinda sucked but I guess it comes with 'maintenance'. Look'n for a vehicle for my twin sons. Seems every vehicle I look up, including this truck, someone has had transmission issues. I felt compelled to write a review on my Chevy. NO ISSUES. EVERRR!!! God Bless this TRUCK!!!

'02 Silverado
By fmj126 on 07/05/08 00:50 AM (PDT)

This is a great truck. Lots of power, very dependable, and very good design. This is my first truck and I love it. I have dual exhaust on the 5.3 and it sounds great. If the gas pedal is pushed a little hard you won't get good gas mileage but I keep it under 2000 rpms and and get a little under 20 mpg.

Reliable??? your kidding right?
By Anton on 11/14/07 12:39 PM (PST)

Here are my thoughts. I have nearly 67k on my 5.3. the "leather interior" is a complete joke. first of all, the seats are leather, but the arm rests are not. have had to replace the driverside once and it needs to be replaced again because the material is cracked again. my best guess is they replaced with with a vinyl instead of leather because it was cheaper. $250+ labor if i want it fixed again. also, the dash. i know a few otehr people here have said it looked cheap. how right you are. the orignal color of the dash is black plastic, that is painted to match the interior of your truck. i know this because the pain stated peeling off resulting in $200 worth of repair work.

Chevy's Are the Best
By JAGII on 08/15/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

Great all around truck! Very smooth ride. Feels better than driving a car. Interior is comfortable. Awesome power. Everything a truck should be. A few adjustments need to be made though. Otherwise the best truck out there. I tow a boat and have a 5 point wiring hook up, this truck only has a 7 point hook-up. This requires me to buy an adapter. The rear a/c vent is a plus! I think a rear locking differential would have been better than limited slip.

2002 Silverdado
By Steve H on 05/15/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

My 2002 Silverado has been an outstanding truck. I just bought a 6000 LB trailer and it pulls it with ease, however rather slow on big hills and gas mileage is around 10 MPG but that was to be expected. My lease is now up and have decided to buy out the lease.

Silverado 1500 SB LT
By shellbert on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This truck is beautiful. It's performance is outstanding. Acceleration is excellent. The LT package has beautiful leather and features. It handles like a sports car and rides unbelievably smooth.

Love this truck
By cabonx on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I've had no problems at all. This is my first Silverado and I couldn't be happier

Like a Rock
By Nick Collins on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great power with the 5.3L V8. Seates are very comfortable, and the ride is unmatched by any other full size on the market. I drive an hour to work 5 days a week and wouldnt trade my Z71 for anything.

Love this truck!!!
By hnugent on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Looks great and lives up to the look. Feels like I'm driving a Vet with a truck bed on it. Love the power and handling. Smoothest ride I've ever had from ANY truck, and MOST cars. A/C and stereo controls are easy and efficient. The layout makes for quick adjustment without distracting from the road. Get compliments on it everywhere I go. Got two compliments on the truck in the last three days. Am very satisfied with my purchase!!!

Chevrolet Silverado xtra cab 5.3 2WD SB
By Bruce Morgan on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

A real truck, not a cute poser. If you in need of real power to tow, don't waste your time with Toyota and the rest.