Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

power steering troubles
By craig dixon

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2002 1500 4x4 ext cab with about 140000 miles in it the problem is with steering with about 75000 miles the power steering pump broke put a new one on it and worked fine but about 10000 to 10010 miles the pump started making a lot of noise a it would lock up when turning then it started pulling to the left the front end is still in good alignment no tire wear if you are seating still a let go of steering wheel it will turn to the left by itself .I have put a new gear box in that did not help so I put a new pump on it still pulls to the left and is hard to steer. Does any one have same problem or know what to do to fix this besides selling it

best truck anyone could own
By nicke123

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven many truck ford dodge and Nissan but this truck is always going to be number one in my book all my other trucks kept breaking down after one haul of hay or one pull of my horse trailer it just quit on me I put more in my other trucks then this one ford and dodge don't run very well I'm just saying that my point of view this is the best truck ever and when I go mudding in this truck it doesn't struggle like my old ones did.

my favorite feature is the 4WD its so much fun in the snow and the mud and plus I got a nice long bed to put chains in to pull out other people.

The only improvements is ad another gas tank so I can go mudding longer.

LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!
By rick1733

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a 2002 Chevy Silverado in 2004. It had 39,000 miles on it. I was a bit nervous I was paying too much but I was betting the engine would make my deal a sweet one. I've got a bit over 230,00 miles on it now. It'll be ten years ago this fall I bought it. NEVER had an issue. NOT one. Had to have the fuel injection-stuff cleaned out at about 185k miles... that kinda sucked but I guess it comes with 'maintenance'. Look'n for a vehicle for my twin sons. Seems every vehicle I look up, including this truck, someone has had transmission issues. I felt compelled to write a review on my Chevy. NO ISSUES. EVERRR!!! God Bless this TRUCK!!!

LOW Maintenance and decent gas mileage if you drive like you care about other people on the road and your own engine, etc.

I bought without leather... without power windows... without sunroof. If you can afford that stuff... dang... you're gonna love this truck even more!!! I don't have any of the bells and whistles... and, I love this truck like it is FAMILY.

Perfect truck
By owenwrico

This truck is great for any young teenager looking for a first truck. If you want something fun fast with good handling then this is your truck. Sure it may have a little clunk in the transmission buut eh a little issue.

The seats are comfortable the truck rides nice witht the front and rear suspensions.

If they could maybe improve the transission so no clunking.

This is the worst truck I have ever had
By Jim

This truck is a joke as far as I am concerned. It has a terrible clunking noise when up shifting into second gear and also down shifting. The dealership has checked this out and I have a document from GM that says this is normal clunking. (Did not clunk into gear when I bought it). Tough to resell now. Also now when cold starting there is clattering going on under the hood. This goes away after a few minutes but again the dealership says this is normal clattering. HMM!! did not clatter when I bought it. I will not buy another GM truck as long as I live.

None

Stand by your product and don't come up with silly excuses when there are troubles and customer concerns.