2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!
By rick1733 on 08/08/13 13:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a 2002 Chevy Silverado in 2004. It had 39,000 miles on it. I was a bit nervous I was paying too much but I was betting the engine would make my deal a sweet one. I've got a bit over 230,00 miles on it now. It'll be ten years ago this fall I bought it. NEVER had an issue. NOT one. Had to have the fuel injection-stuff cleaned out at about 185k miles... that kinda sucked but I guess it comes with 'maintenance'. Look'n for a vehicle for my twin sons. Seems every vehicle I look up, including this truck, someone has had transmission issues. I felt compelled to write a review on my Chevy. NO ISSUES. EVERRR!!! God Bless this TRUCK!!!

Perfect truck
By owenwrico on 09/20/12 14:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great for any young teenager looking for a first truck. If you want something fun fast with good handling then this is your truck. Sure it may have a little clunk in the transmission buut eh a little issue.

This is the worst truck I have ever had
By Jim on 02/22/10 13:49 PM (PST)

This truck is a joke as far as I am concerned. It has a terrible clunking noise when up shifting into second gear and also down shifting. The dealership has checked this out and I have a document from GM that says this is normal clunking. (Did not clunk into gear when I bought it). Tough to resell now. Also now when cold starting there is clattering going on under the hood. This goes away after a few minutes but again the dealership says this is normal clattering. HMM!! did not clatter when I bought it. I will not buy another GM truck as long as I live.

'02 Silverado
By My green Chevy on 07/11/09 12:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Silverado has been what I expected from it. It's quiet, runs well and rides well. I have not done any heavy hauling and it has not been used for towing. It has handled the heaviest loads of stones with ease. Power is a little lacking compared to others of the day. Like everyone says, interior is a joke but it has held up OK. I do like the leg room in the back. I wanted a Tundra at the time but the rear was way too cramped. MPG is OK for a truck but needs to be much better if GM wants to survive. Truck looks SO MUCH nicer than every model since 2002. GM designers need to be canned. They are really into UGLY vehicles across their entire product line.

Great Truck
By kbchevy02 on 04/23/09 18:55 PM (PDT)

this truck has a great motor. gets up and goes with very little effort. runs all over my dads 06 F-150. looks great and runs great.

7 year review
By Tim on 04/10/09 15:58 PM (PDT)

Bought this truck new in 3-02. It's had power windows replaced and idles a little rough for about two minutes on mornings when the temp is below 35-- doesn't happen too often in Baton Rouge. It now has 100,000 miles on it and was given to my 16 year old son in 5-08. I'm frankly surprised at how reliable it's been. Mechanics have told me that 200,000 miles of service is attainable with no major engine or tranny work on Chevy and Ford pickups. Can't explain this, but mpg improved from 13.5 city when new to 16.5 today.

208K and Keeps on going
By TC on 03/14/09 19:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought from surveying company with 205K. Truck plowed through mud and snow till I got it. Runs perfect. Shifts like it should and engine, tranny and rear are all original. Everything works and nothing squeaks. Great truck, nothing fancy - manual windows and locks and bench seats but its comfortable, quiet for a truck and goes great in mud and snow. Company I bought from routinely runs 6-8 of these all to 200K plus and they love 'em.

Loved it until the transmission failed
By Sherwood on 12/10/08 22:43 PM (PST)

I bought my Silverado new in 2002 after owning a 2000 Silverado for a couple of years. I liked the fourth door (my 2000 had 3 doors) and I wanted the the 3.73 locking rear end. I also loved the color, dark carmine red. I have taken really great care of this truck, serviced regularly, synthetic oil changes every 3500 to 4000 miles. I never towed anything even though I bought it with the towing package (just in case). Rarely more than a few hundred pounds. It is my daily driver. At just under 63000 miles it burned up the transmission and put me out around $3000. I feel cheated on and not sure if I can trust it not to cheat on me again even though it really runs great. I am so disapointed.

I don't want a new truck
By chevyman on 07/30/08 11:51 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got 95000 and all I have had 2 do is oil changes and 2 20 amp fuses in this truck and that is it! Me and my friend both have dune buggies, and I passed his V10 Ford going up a large grade. I love Chevy's return of the 5.3 327 motor and it is here to stay!

'02 Silverado
By fmj126 on 07/05/08 00:50 AM (PDT)

This is a great truck. Lots of power, very dependable, and very good design. This is my first truck and I love it. I have dual exhaust on the 5.3 and it sounds great. If the gas pedal is pushed a little hard you won't get good gas mileage but I keep it under 2000 rpms and and get a little under 20 mpg.