Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

230k of daily reliabily!
By james Farrell

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Drove this truck off the lot with 17 miles on the ODO, 14 years ago. 230 k miles later I would drive it across the country without hesitation. I have towed and towed with this truck...probably 85k....towed items heavier than the truck mostly. MOBIL1 syn oil from 1000 miles on...it makes a difference. Only negative comment is weak transmissions, a GM hallmark in my ownership of many GM vehicles, this one was not an exception...you get 100k or so out of a trans. Other than that...GREAT TRUCK.

Cracked heads
By Willie

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Spent 3,000 to replace cracked heads, they should have been a recall on this, for shame Chevy. 6

Great truck Great value
By S Miles

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a family of four with 3 dogs. We needed a truck with great mpgs and comfort. This is it!

power steering troubles
By craig dixon

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2002 1500 4x4 ext cab with about 140000 miles in it the problem is with steering with about 75000 miles the power steering pump broke put a new one on it and worked fine but about 10000 to 10010 miles the pump started making a lot of noise a it would lock up when turning then it started pulling to the left the front end is still in good alignment no tire wear if you are seating still a let go of steering wheel it will turn to the left by itself .I have put a new gear box in that did not help so I put a new pump on it still pulls to the left and is hard to steer. Does any one have same problem or know what to do to fix this besides selling it 7-9-16 Iput a new gear box on it and a new pump the streering is a little tite buts works better I think it might have been the way the front end was sietting to low I rased it it feels better now

best truck anyone could own
By nicke123

I have driven many truck ford dodge and Nissan but this truck is always going to be number one in my book all my other trucks kept breaking down after one haul of hay or one pull of my horse trailer it just quit on me I put more in my other trucks then this one ford and dodge don't run very well I'm just saying that my point of view this is the best truck ever and when I go mudding in this truck it doesn't struggle like my old ones did.

my favorite feature is the 4WD its so much fun in the snow and the mud and plus I got a nice long bed to put chains in to pull out other people.

The only improvements is ad another gas tank so I can go mudding longer.