Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!
By rick1733

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a 2002 Chevy Silverado in 2004.
It had 39,000 miles on it.
I was a bit nervous I was paying too much but I was betting the engine would
make my deal a sweet one.
I've got a bit over 230,00 miles on it now.
It'll be ten years ago this fall I bought it. NEVER had an issue. NOT one.
Had to have the fuel injection-stuff cleaned out at about 185k miles... that kinda sucked but I guess it comes with 'maintenance'.
Look'n for a vehicle for my twin sons. Seems every vehicle I look up, including this truck, someone has had transmission issues.
I felt compelled to write a review on my Chevy. NO ISSUES.
EVERRR!!!
God Bless this TRUCK!!!

LOW Maintenance and decent gas mileage if you drive like you care about other people on the road and your own engine, etc.

I bought without leather... without power windows... without sunroof. If you can afford that stuff... dang... you're gonna love this truck even more!!! I don't have any of the bells and whistles... and, I love this truck like it is FAMILY.

'02 Silverado
By fmj126

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. Lots of power, very dependable, and very good design. This is my first truck and I love it. I have dual exhaust on the 5.3 and it sounds great. If the gas pedal is pushed a little hard you won't get good gas mileage but I keep it under 2000 rpms and and get a little under 20 mpg.

Power

This truck does need a better stereo. Other than that it's great

Reliable??? your kidding right?
By Anton

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Here are my thoughts. I have nearly 67k on my 5.3. the "leather interior" is a complete joke. first of all, the seats are leather, but the arm rests are not. have had to replace the driverside once and it needs to be replaced again because the material is cracked again. my best guess is they replaced with with a vinyl instead of leather because it was cheaper. $250+ labor if i want it fixed again. also, the dash. i know a few otehr people here have said it looked cheap. how right you are. the orignal color of the dash is black plastic, that is painted to match the interior of your truck. i know this because the pain stated peeling off resulting in $200 worth of repair work.

i have none. even onstar is a joke.

Buy a toyota, get out a pen and paper and start taking notes. the 2008 Tundra has the interior, the exterior, power and gas millage that we all want in a truck. not to mention leg room. my advise to chevy, scrap the silverado and start from scratch.

Chevy's Are the Best
By JAGII

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great all around truck! Very smooth ride. Feels better than driving a car. Interior is comfortable. Awesome power. Everything a truck should be. A few adjustments need to be made though. Otherwise the best truck out there. I tow a boat and have a 5 point wiring hook up, this truck only has a 7 point hook-up. This requires me to buy an adapter. The rear a/c vent is a plus! I think a rear locking differential would have been better than limited slip.

Power, LT has all the fixings, drives like a luxury car! Handling and steering are excellent! Tows my boat with ease.

The LT needs a better stereo system. More storage space, maybe under the seats. Have the seat fold down on top of a storage compartment. Better towing package. Have the two typical wiring hook ups. The 7 and 5 point hook ups would be great, I have to buy a 5 to 7 adapter. Sliding rear window!

2002 Silverdado
By Steve H

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2002 Silverado has been an outstanding truck. I just bought a 6000 LB trailer and it pulls it with ease, however rather slow on big hills and gas mileage is around 10 MPG but that was to be expected. My lease is now up and have decided to buy out the lease.

None