2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

Base Extended Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
best truck anyone could own
By nicke123 on 12/04/14 09:20 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven many truck ford dodge and Nissan but this truck is always going to be number one in my book all my other trucks kept breaking down after one haul of hay or one pull of my horse trailer it just quit on me I put more in my other trucks then this one ford and dodge don't run very well I'm just saying that my point of view this is the best truck ever and when I go mudding in this truck it doesn't struggle like my old ones did.

Good for what I use it for!
By Brad on 01/15/07 13:11 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just rolled 100K the other week. Original everything. No complaints. Get about 14-15mpg with construction work in subdivisions and driving backwards 1/2 the time there. Not in a hurry to get a new Chevy, same interiorI Thought the plastic dash looked 'cheap' on Chevy. No way on the Dodge, and everyone has Fords. Looking for a 3/4 ton and I test drove all three at the same time. I will definitely be going with the Duramax, and Chevy's Smoooth HD ride. This pulls the 16' low-boy when needed, and gets me from A-to-B. nothing fancy. Hey, that's why I got it. Overall, It's good, just wish this truck would've had limited-slip.

Last chevy
By Dave on 10/10/06 20:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck was trouble free until the transmission gave out. Traded it in three days later, new tranny and all since I refuse to own a vehicle that requires major work with only 51,000 easy miles. I also found the handling kind of loose although that may be typical of this large a vehicle. Otherwise the truck did well.

NOT AS GOOD AS IT SHOULD BE!
By honeybun on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Numerous problems with transmission and fuel pumps.Not very reliable.

John's work truck
By John Card on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

No problems since I bought it.

Just what the boat ordered
By V on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Love this truck, traded in a 2000,4.3l GMC Seirra Reg Cab. Having same problem I had on GMC, drivers side mirror shake terribly at 30 mph or higher. I pull a 25oo lb boat with it, never notice its there.

2002 Silverado 2wd ext
By elljayvee on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just 3 weeks old as of this writing. Very quiet interior for a truck.Pleasantly surprised the 5.3 V8 gave 15.6 mpg 1st tank, and 17.8 second tank. Tow package w/ Lim slp. Ride is a little bouncy but acceptable.