2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Average Price, Average Quality
By nmgraduate on 02/11/07 13:56 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Over the past few years the only problem that I have experienced was with the cd player not reading discs. The Silverado is a dependable vehicle I would recommend.

Chevy continues to make me proud.
By jeffdog9000 on 10/02/06 21:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

After about 5 weeks I took this baby for a 1500 mi. trip. Then a few months later I hooked a heavy double axle horse trailer loaded with a refrigerator and entire churchful of people's belongings and hauled them on my bumper hitch and pulled them with my Vortec-V6 on a 600 miles round trip. I drove 80 mph with the max AC blowing full blast down the interstate. Other than oil changes every 7k miles or so I have not had to do anything to this truck. At 95,000 miles I swear the brakes or belt would need replaced, but it keeps on keep'n on. Not to mention I feel completly safe in my truck!

Safety Hazard
By DH on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My truck is just ok. Nothing spectacular. However, the most serious problem with this vehicle is that there is an air-conditioner solid tube that is routed directly over the distributer, cap and rotor. Every six to ten months, the continuous water dripping onto the distributer corrodes the internal electronics and the vehicle is subject to unexpected stalling without the possibility of restarting. This vehicle is very dangerous, yet Chevrolet refuses to admit this design flaw to date. I have a lemon law case file in progress and notifying local news sources in an effort to save other people from this neglegence.

Silverado V6 Short Bed - Purchased 11/01
By CHEVYTRUCK2002 on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great new features. I purchased the V6 instead of the V8 due to fuel economy. The V6 has power and does not jolt when using Octane 92-94 during fast accelleration. The manual recommends 87 octanes. I have had a little jolt in the transmission when rapid accellaration with 87 octane. The body has double side galvanized steel so you don't have to worry about nicks and rust. Overall, I feel my Silverado was a great buy that will hold its value for years when compared to other manufactuers - QUALITY and RELIABLE.

Good so far
By Mark Teubner on 02/28/02 09:11 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

It doesn't have many miles, so quality hasn't been tested very much, but my 1998 Monte Carlo is the best vahicle I've ever had. Even better than the 2 Toyotas I had. The Tundra was too narrow for a person with long legs and the styling of the F150 didn't do anything for me. Only time will tell how well the truck holds up.