2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Bought a 2001 in 2013

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

LS Extended Cab Pickup (4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Bought a 2001 in 2013
By sstevek on

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck as-is, needed a few minor repairs that I did myself. Replaced the radiator, ignition cylinder and heater blower motor resistor circuit. All were not very difficult, I'm not a mechanic. I'm very impressed with the way it rides. The 4.8 V8 engine seems great, smooth, quiet and plenty of power. I like the truck doesn't seem as high as Dodge Ram of the same year, makes for easier loading. It sure doesn't feel like it has 177k miles on it. It's for occasional use, based on other reports I've seen the high mileage shouldn't be a concern. I like that the truck is not over-designed, I prefer the styling of this generation over anything else.

Ride, comfort, utility. Drive train reputtion

Some interior rattles, inferior quality.
By sstevek
on 05/07/15 19:21 PM (PDT)

Update: This truck would not be started for a week or more in single digit or below temperatures. I'd then start it, the truck started like it was summertime. This past year it was used many times to transport firewood, and a large woodstove. It was probably overloaded more than once. Didn't notice any trouble at all. I am very impressed with this 2001 Silverado.