2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic w/out OnStar 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Ho-Hum

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB w/out OnStar (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

LT Extended Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic w/out OnStar 6.6 ft. Bed)

Ho-Hum
By Murph on

I've had my 2001 for about 1.5 years. The looks of the truck are great but it could use refinement in the interior (a lot of cheap plastic next to the leather). I've had it serviced twice for drivetrain noise during start and stops. They ended up replacing the rear leaf springs and the yoke on the rear-end. It is better but I think the problem is coming back. There are also a lot of little annoying noises and squeeks in the interior, especially when it gets cold. The 5.3L is great but it lacks the git up that I would expect from this engine. Perhaps its the 3.73 gear. I would expect that for the price of the truck that Chevy would take care of the little annoyances.

Favorite Features

4 doors with a spacious cab. Heated, memory seating. Instrument cluster and controls.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the little squeeks from the plastic interior and drivetrain noise.