Used 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Tracys Truck
By Tracy

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It's an awesome truck. Smooth ride, great power, great looking. Complaints for chevy clearance are numerous but I haven't experienced it yet. The only thing I don't like is the anti-lock breaks. But that goes for any car I've driven that has them. I pull a 5000# boat without problems.

Smooth ride, easy to drive and park. Easy to get kids in and out of extra cab.

Anti Lock breaks

Best Truck i've ever owned!
By James52

Excellent power and great gas mileage!!! Rides like a car but i'm yet to find any load it can't handle!

I've got the 2 full doors and 2 suicide doors which make this truck as usable as any sedan for loading up my friends and going out! Great backseat room and is the smoothest ride i've ever felt in a full size!

There really isn't anything i'd improve on this truck. The 5.3L V8 has great power yet has gotten me up to 19+ MPG Hwy.

Z-71 best truck to buy
By kdx

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Chevrolet truck has been the best truck I have ever owned. I live in Kentucky and use my truck on and around my land, it goes great through mud and snow and has yet to fail me. In my opinion the Z-71 package is the best deal.

Locking diff. A lot of power. Great style

Better brakes. Better fuel economy.

Z71 Silverado 2001
By whofan

This is an almost perfect truck. Comfort, handsome design, and a combined mileage 17.5 MPG. Powerful precise steering, automatic transfer case. Almost perfect. The bad, cold start knock (annoying). Weak intermedate steering shaft (replaced). Known for bad fuel guage sending units (hasn`t happened yet). Nothing's perfect and the good more than offsets the bad. Best truck I ever drove. What`s bad, the bad is silly stuff GM should have got right in the first place.

Automatic 4x4, Good gas mileage for its segment. Handsome looks until 03. Very powerful, comfortable interior. Rides and drives like a car? (Kind of a dislike) I like the stance of a Dodge better but for the long haul Chevy`s car like ride is more livable.

Steering shaft, cold start knock, windshield wiper motor,fuel guage, hot/cold selecter.

So Far So Good
By Chris

I have'nt had any problems yet knock on wood. I had to replace all 4 brake rotors and pads is all. Good luck to the rest of you.

The comfort and the handling

The cooling and heating compartment is on the floor in the middle of seat , no foot room for passenger