2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Good Truck
By Morioka, Japan on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Good Truck. Solid. Minor problem witha side mirror.

I Love Mine!
By WayneV on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the best trucks I have ever owned. My wife and I also own a Toyota Tacoma Pre-runner that wears me out on long trips. My Z71 Silverado is so comfortable, I believe that I could drive it across the country and not even be sore at the end of the trip. The power and the 4WD has never let me down when called upon.

Best Truck I ever owned
By tahoegirl on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB w/out OnStar (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I ever owned. No major problems except for air conditioning belt, and replaced brakes at 7,000 miles now have 52,000 miles and no problems. Captian chairs excellent heated seat's are great in winter time. Only problem with interior, is the back seat does not give enough leg room for my growing kids.I pull a 5,000lb horse trailer in the MT, and I cant tell it's there. I look forward to up grading to the 2500HD crew cab on day.. If you want a good family truck get the silverado...

52k silverado
By peteparts on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

leather interior has the worst seats in the world, most uncomfortable to sit in. The rest of the truck is great. Not impressed with onstar and let it go. Fades in and out of service.

Poor Transmission
By Galalod on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

After about 36000 the transmission will start slipping and goes out. The 96 mph governor also puts a damper on freeway passing

Silverado
By rickmcdik on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Love this truck. Have never had any problems. Rides great and has plenty of power.

DISAPOINTED
By bill archer on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

DRIVE TRAIN, NOICE AND TRANSMISSION UNSATISFACTORY, DEALER AND FACTORY UNABLE TO FIX, MADE EXUSES THAT THE BANGING AND METALLIC NOISES ARE NORMAL. FUNNY, FORD HAS A TIGHT TRANNY AND 4X4 LINKUP.

Piston Slap is not normal!
By Ed753 on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall liked the truck and held up well, with the exception of the engine. At 16,500 it began knocking on start-up and got worse the next few months. I took it to the dealer because I obviously needed a new motor! Well to my surprise the dealer says "they all do that, that is normal" A day of research on the internet, and a couple sleepless nights, I traded it in to a wholesaler before the end of the week. I take very good care of my trucks and expect them to look/act/rune like new, and hold there resale value, but with a gas engine that sounded like a diesel, this one had to go. I bought a Ford.

02'-Z71
By jakeman on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was a Ford driver past 9yrs, 1st Chevy truck. Kicking myself for not switching sooner, great ride-strong performance.

great
By the happy catholic on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

bought this truck off ebay 6/03 for $9,750 with only 10,500 (16,000 today 1/25/04) miles on it. a/c switch and anti-freeze switch went out but was replaced under warranty. go with light color that doesn't show scratches. use the wal mart rubber mat in the back for flexibility and if you get in an accident the rhino lining spray on bed liners ruin the bed. paid $3000 down and $206 a month for 3 years. can't beat this deal!!!