2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Best Truck I've Owned
By James Hughes on 05/03/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned and driven pickups for 30 years. This one is undoubtedly the best looking, handling, performing, and just best all-around truck I have ever owned or driven.

01 LT City Truck
By Scott on 01/07/05 10:58 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB w/out OnStar (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck. I drive a good number of miles a year and I’m very pleased with this truck. I believe that the 2WD has a much smoother ride that the Z71 (4WD), and since I have little use of the 4WD, that was an easy choice. The 5.3 L V8 has more than enough power to jump up and pass a truck on a two lane road. The heated, leather, power everything seats also are nice. I put a K&N air filter in it the first week I bought it and run Castrol Syntec 20W-50 year round. I have had no problems.

Awesome Ride
By drhjmacleod on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The 2WD Silverado is a great choice for someone who needs a truck, but also does not want the gas mileage of a 4WD truck. I opted for the locking differential. With a little weight in the bed at winter time, my truck has yet to get stuck. I love the comfortable and smooth ride and the power from the 5.3 liter engine. I have been able to achieve just over 20 MPG on long distance trips which I feel is outstanding for a truck of this size. Go buy one - you won't regret it.

I Love Mine!
By WayneV on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the best trucks I have ever owned. My wife and I also own a Toyota Tacoma Pre-runner that wears me out on long trips. My Z71 Silverado is so comfortable, I believe that I could drive it across the country and not even be sore at the end of the trip. The power and the 4WD has never let me down when called upon.

Best Truck I ever owned
By tahoegirl on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB w/out OnStar (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I ever owned. No major problems except for air conditioning belt, and replaced brakes at 7,000 miles now have 52,000 miles and no problems. Captian chairs excellent heated seat's are great in winter time. Only problem with interior, is the back seat does not give enough leg room for my growing kids.I pull a 5,000lb horse trailer in the MT, and I cant tell it's there. I look forward to up grading to the 2500HD crew cab on day.. If you want a good family truck get the silverado...

52k silverado
By peteparts on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

leather interior has the worst seats in the world, most uncomfortable to sit in. The rest of the truck is great. Not impressed with onstar and let it go. Fades in and out of service.

Silverado
By rickmcdik on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Love this truck. Have never had any problems. Rides great and has plenty of power.

DISAPOINTED
By bill archer on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

DRIVE TRAIN, NOICE AND TRANSMISSION UNSATISFACTORY, DEALER AND FACTORY UNABLE TO FIX, MADE EXUSES THAT THE BANGING AND METALLIC NOISES ARE NORMAL. FUNNY, FORD HAS A TIGHT TRANNY AND 4X4 LINKUP.

Piston Slap is not normal!
By Ed753 on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Overall liked the truck and held up well, with the exception of the engine. At 16,500 it began knocking on start-up and got worse the next few months. I took it to the dealer because I obviously needed a new motor! Well to my surprise the dealer says "they all do that, that is normal" A day of research on the internet, and a couple sleepless nights, I traded it in to a wholesaler before the end of the week. I take very good care of my trucks and expect them to look/act/rune like new, and hold there resale value, but with a gas engine that sounded like a diesel, this one had to go. I bought a Ford.

02'-Z71
By jakeman on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I was a Ford driver past 9yrs, 1st Chevy truck. Kicking myself for not switching sooner, great ride-strong performance.