2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Good Truck
By batman563031 on 04/14/06 23:07 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most powerful truck I've ever owned! Chassis is also the stiffest as well. Much better than my '03 F150 which I got rid of after 7 months for the '01 Chev. I've had problems with the A/C, got those fixed, also the annoying cold start knock, quiets down after warming up (recommend full-synthetic oil to quiet down). Tie rods and steering system needed fixing at 70,000 miles (very expensive without warranty).

100K No Problem
By ussery on 03/16/06 07:31 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've been extremely pleased with the performance of the vehicle, I chose the 5.3 Vortec to handle the 4WD and tow/haul demands. Most of the mileage is due to a 32 mile one way commute. It has seen its share of mountain logging roads, mud bogs, and desert sands. The transfer into 4WD Low is rough, even in the best of circumstance. (Rolling under 5 mph.) Better get into it before you need it. Gas mileage is still at 18~19 MPG, pulled the plugs at 65K, flushed all drivetrain at 95K, and the coolant is next on the list.The velour interior is showing wear and fading-New Mexico sun and heat will eat fabric. The plastics are holding up well, wish the speakers weren't crackling. Heart Beat USA!

Great Truck
By 8697hopper on 12/22/05 14:09 PM (PST)

I am very happy with the truck. Never a single problem yet. My regret is not getting enough use of it due to job change that added 80 miles a day to my commute, after owning truck 3 years. Got 18 mpg on trip to FL in summer, fully loaded. Gets 17 mpg if take on 95 mile round trip to work. These are great numbers for ext cab 4wd with 270 HP V8. Rides as smooth and quiet as a luxury car.

Good Truck
By Texas Rob on 11/14/05 12:21 PM (PST)

I just traded mine off after 180k. The only repair I made during the four years was a front spindle. Other than that the truck performed well.

Tracys Truck
By Tracy on 11/08/05 11:21 AM (PST)

It's an awesome truck. Smooth ride, great power, great looking. Complaints for chevy clearance are numerous but I haven't experienced it yet. The only thing I don't like is the anti-lock breaks. But that goes for any car I've driven that has them. I pull a 5000# boat without problems.

Best Truck i've ever owned!
By James52 on 11/01/05 20:53 PM (PST)

Excellent power and great gas mileage!!! Rides like a car but i'm yet to find any load it can't handle!

Z-71 best truck to buy
By kdx on 10/28/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

My 2001 Chevrolet truck has been the best truck I have ever owned. I live in Kentucky and use my truck on and around my land, it goes great through mud and snow and has yet to fail me. In my opinion the Z-71 package is the best deal.

Z71 Silverado 2001
By whofan on 09/10/05 20:49 PM (PDT)

This is an almost perfect truck. Comfort, handsome design, and a combined mileage 17.5 MPG. Powerful precise steering, automatic transfer case. Almost perfect. The bad, cold start knock (annoying). Weak intermedate steering shaft (replaced). Known for bad fuel guage sending units (hasn`t happened yet). Nothing's perfect and the good more than offsets the bad. Best truck I ever drove. What`s bad, the bad is silly stuff GM should have got right in the first place.

So Far So Good
By Chris on 07/23/05 02:23 AM (PDT)

I have'nt had any problems yet knock on wood. I had to replace all 4 brake rotors and pads is all. Good luck to the rest of you.

Great Truck
By Texas Owner on 07/09/05 20:53 PM (PDT)

This is my first pickup and it is more comfortable to drive than many cars that I've owned. I have the 1500 LS with the 5.3L V8 and its performance, reliability and gas mileage for a vehicle this size is outstanding. I now have over 105,000 miles and haven't done much more than change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles! I do a lot of hunting and it has never let me down in out-of-the-way places. A great vehicle.