2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
GREAT TRUCK
By SKYBOHOBO on 02/27/02 18:19 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST COMFORTABLE TRUCK I HAVE EVER HAD....AND I HAVE HAD MANY......USED TO BE A FORD MAN....MAYBE I WAS MISSING SOMETHING ALL THESE YEARS.....I WILL DRIVE THE WHEELS OFF OF THIS ONE!!

Yuk
By Jimbo on 02/26/02 22:35 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB w/out OnStar (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had nothing but problems with wind noise coming from the rear windows. I've taken the truck back to the dealer several times and they can't fix it. I also had 3 out of 4 speakers blow.

Good, not Great
By racermd on 02/26/02 15:02 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB w/out OnStar (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 9 mo. old '01 LT has a few issues I'd like to address. 1) Fix the ABS. It kicks in too early and too often. 2) The lower-lubar area on the leather buckets needs better long term comfort (4+ hours). 3) Some fit-and-finish details. Too many small rattles. 4) The 5.3L is powerful, but seems lacking in the low-end with the 3.73 ratio. If you're buying a truck to haul, tow, or go off-road with, pick the 4.10. You'll thank me later. Otherwise a solid, capable truck. Yes, I'd buy another one.